Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Mike, Dave and Lincoln play Samara from designer Corné van Moorsel and published by Cwali.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting mechanism. Initially I felt that the decisions would be obvious, but it was fascinating to see how tough the decisions became as the game progressed. I really enjoy the show. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Another game bought that I hadn't even considered until watching it on Gamenight - thank you Lincoln and the team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great mechanism! Spending time to get/do things, the shifting calendar is so neat. Reminded me of Tokaido but this game is much more interesting to me.

However, your end discussion about balance of tile values makes me hesitant to pull the trigger. Will have to try first. Good job team!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Collins
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that calendar mechanism a lot! I just wish it was used in a better game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That was fascinating. Great discussion at the end (you know I like that part). I couldn't believe Dave was arguing the MERITS of imbalance in a game, but in the end he kind of convinced me. I'd love to try it.

I also like games that make time/turns one of the resources you're juggling. You mentioned Around the World in 80 Days, Tutankhamen, Big Points, and Thebes, which are all games I like (well, not Big Points). Of these, I think Thebes is the most successful. Though I don't remember exactly how they work, I know a couple rarities from the early days of our hobby do this, too: Bus and Full Metal Planète.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEJohnson wrote:
That was fascinating. Great discussion at the end (you know I like that part). I couldn't believe Dave was arguing the MERITS of imbalance in a game, but in the end he kind of convinced me. I'd love to try it.

I also like games that make time/turns one of the resources you're juggling. You mentioned Around the World in 80 Days, Tutankhamen, Big Points, and Thebes, which are all games I like (well, not Big Points). Of these, I think Thebes is the most successful. Though I don't remember exactly how they work, I know a couple rarities from the early days of our hobby do this, too: Bus and Full Metal Planète.

I enjoy the "time/turn" resource as well. Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar is another that springs to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.