6,457 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.7% of Goal | left

Support:

PSC games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Quartermaster General: Victory or Death - Kickstarter shipping!

Victory or Death has arrived and we have started shipping out to Kickstarter backers today. We aim to be finished by the time I arrive at Gencon next Wednesday 3rd August where we will have a limited number of VoDs to sell (if UPS do their bit) in the booth I am sharing with its designer, Ian Brody of Griggling Games.

I am really excited and proud of this game - it looks fantastic (especially the plastic pieces ) and plays fantastic!

To make sure we shipped July and had some copies to release at Gencon, I had to air freight (ouch says the accountant) the first batch whilst the main retail release follows in September when the main body of plastic pieces arrives in Germany from China by sea.

However, for those who missed the Kickstarter and cannot wait for the main retail release, we have a limited number for sale in the PSC webstore:-

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=pr...

and they will start shipping from next wednesday after the Kickstarter pledges have been shipped

Best wishes
Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the ones that you are selling now have the Kickstarter exclusives included or are they the normal retail copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PSC games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
@Keith - they have all the plastic pieces upgrades but not the Kickstarter exclusive stretch goals - the resin column victory point markers and decal sticker packs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ludoquist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
Do the ones that you are selling now have the Kickstarter exclusives included or are they the normal retail copies?

If you are in the London area, you can preorder from us for hand delivery. Our copies *do* have the KS stretch goals. We're just getting going...by next week we *should* be able to do UK delivery, but not entirely certain until we can!

http://www.theludoquist.com/shop/product/19309/Quartermaster...

SO excited to get our hands on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

ARRIVED!

Looks great, Beautiful map, cool plastic bits, plus KS extras. But - a special mention for the rulebook, which not only looks great but also contains Historical Notes, Designer Notes, a Bibliography and sources for the card titles denoting the places in the academic books where those card titles are found. Very thorough - awesome stuff! I wish we could see Designer Notes in many more games.

Sorry - I'm wasting no more time describing this - I've got some rules to read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Geordie Geek
United Kingdom
Chester-le-Street
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:

ARRIVED!

Looks great, Beautiful map, cool plastic bits, plus KS extras. But - a special mention for the rulebook, which not only looks great but also contains Historical Notes, Designer Notes, a Bibliography and sources for the card titles denoting the places in the academic books where those card titles are found. Very thorough - awesome stuff! I wish we could see Designer Notes in many more games.

Sorry - I'm wasting no more time describing this - I've got some rules to read!

What delivery service was used, and glad to see they are arriving in the North East, really looking forward to getting mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigGeordieGeek wrote:
What delivery service was used,

This came via the grand old fashioned method of Royal Mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Geordie Geek
United Kingdom
Chester-le-Street
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah well there is me flat out of luck, my loyal postie has been and gone already, oh well hopefully tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken McGechaen
United Kingdom
ILKLEY
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry to hear that. He must have walked past your house and delivered it to me instead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today. The VP Greek Column pieces are both the same colour so I trimmed off the bases (which were a little uneven anyway) and stuck them down onto a new base made of two plastic tiddlywinks glued on top of each other(red and purple for Oligarchs and blue and yellow for Democrats). Looks pretty nifty.
Take care fixing your stickers as they are small and fiddly. I found it was easier to remove them without pulling the top layer of the backing paper off (which makes it harder to separate them off) if you first pulled off the runner around the stickers themselves.
Game ready to roll tonight I hope! Looks fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Minnis
England
flag msg tools
Did anyone else get Hoplites with very bent spears? If so, any suggestions on how to straighten them without breaking them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pop them in freshly boiled water (before applying stickers!). Take them out one at a time, straightening spear while pulling it taut. Immerse immediately in very cold water whilst holding it taut and straight. The "memory" of some types of plastic means it will slowly regain some (but usually not all) of the bend. Other plastics don't have this, and won't rebend after being reset. I think the quicker the immersion into cold water, and the colder the water the less it will rebend. I use an icepack to get the water really cold.

The rebend factor is one reason it is not always a good idea to paint miniatures that are bent that you want to straighten!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Witter
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, whats about shipping to german backers? Also via UPS? Did you already dispatched all games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.