3 Posts

Tides of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dreamlands, and a couple more general q's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, just received this game today, what a brilliant game it is. I just have a couple of questions as it's my very 1st play of this game.
1, Dreamlands card says, this card has a wild suit, additionally take one madness token from the opponent, now I presume this isn't optional? also if this causes you to collect your 9th token,thats it you lose, unless your opponent has 9 or more tokens, in that case you both lose?

2, Innsmouth says for each suit you don't have score 3 vp, what if I am missing just 1 suit but I used the dreamlands card above to name that card the missing suit for another reason, Do I have to count that has having that particular suit now? therefore not getting the 3 vp?
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have my copy yet, but just parsing through what you've written, it seems like #1 would not be optional and could cause you (both) to lose.

For #2, I would guess that dreamlands is one suit for the whole scoring phase, and if you picked a suit that you otherwise did not have, you would receive 3 fewer VPs as you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, just had another game and it's all clear now, really like this, the madness tokens are a great idea, yes you want some to get the bonus 4 vp, but if you miss judge it, your opponent can keep handing you those cards with the madness on them in the final round causing you to lose. the artwork is stunning. Great addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.