Subject: Question about starting the supply track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Liosatos
United States
Palatine
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
The rules state to place the +10 marker on the #5 spot on the supply track. So you start the game with 15 supplies? I ask because in the app, which I have, you start with 0 supplies.

Also, in the app when you are in Stage II, you lose a supply after each investigators turn? Not so in the board version. Correct?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
The cardboard and the digital version of the game differ under many aspects, and supplies are one of those.

In the cardboard version you start with 15 supplies, correct (you don't spend time in Arkham like in the app, so, you start with the needed supplies), and specific rules for stage II are to be played as in the rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I started development of Omens of Ice, I tried to make it more like the app and have you start within the Museum or Arkham gathering supplies. I quickly realized though how fiddly it was to have to switch between the Musuem and Alaska. Its was like putting away and setting up a second game in the middle of the first one. In the ap this transition happens instantly, but when you have to do it by hand it badly disrupted the flow of the game.

So thematically you have already spent that time in Arkham getting supplies and now are ready to begin your adventures in Alaska directly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Liosatos
United States
Palatine
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you Julia!heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Liosatos
United States
Palatine
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
Samuel, I'm glad you didn't do it that way. The extra set up time would have been a minor annoyance more than anything. Thanks for a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do my best to avoid extra set up and tear down time. I know I hate that in a game, so I don't wish to subject the people who play my games to it if it can be avoided!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.