3 Posts

BANG! The Dice Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternate Roles Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Driscoll
United States
flag msg tools
Just finished watching the SU&SD review of Mafia de Cuba. And the role selection mechanic of each player secretly selecting a role from the remaining roles seems like it could be easily adapted to this game. Has anyone ever tried this? I need to get a group together and try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sparks
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. I do like the idea of being able to pick your side. But the problem comes in that as the stack of roles goes around the table, players gain more and more knowledge about who is who. If I sit in the middle and all of the outlaws (or sheriff and deputy) are already out, I know where they are. The same goes for the second half of the table. I am curious of a good way to overcome that. I think it does get the players a bit more invested in their team since they picked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting idea, but it wouldn't work.

The games are fundamentally different. In Mafia de Cuba, you don't have to take a role, not everybody will have one. Whoever takes diamonds doesn't take a role. The game focuses on finding the diamonds, the roles are almost secondary. Finally, Mafia is a verbal game of diplomacy, requiring deduction... and Bang tDG is more of a quick action game.

When you take into account that in Mafia, it's only one person trying to figure things out... and in Bang it's everybody vs everybody... you're simply giving too much information away as you go around the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.