Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle West
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I went to record some plays of a game recently, but running into the problem of whether to record the play on the core set listing, or the expansions, or everything, which would seem tiring to have to do all the time when consistently playing games with lots of expansions.

Perhaps if under the Browse > Games listing, we could have "tiers" of board games?

For instance, I own Boss Monster and all of it's expansions and promos, and play with everything, does that mean when I go to record a play, I should list the record under every expansion, promo, and core game set here on BGG?

The list could be something expandable in the web interface, like this:

>Boss Monster (this would be the headlining group for everything dealing with the game)
..>Core Sets
....>Boss Monster (Base Game)
....>Boss Monster 2 (standalone and expansion)
..>Expansions (This drop-down would only incorporate expansions)
....>Tools of Hero Kind
..>Promos
....>Promo 1
....>Promo 2
....>Promo 3

Something like this would allow for a much cleaner interface in the game lists, as well as allowing one to say, select the Boss Monster headline for the play recording, which would encompass having played the game and all of its expansions/promos. This could further be improved by having it record plays for all of the expansions or promos that you actually own, using the 'own' tag on your games.

Anyways, I don't know how easy something like this would be, but I think it would be a great improvement for the site as a whole.

Let me know of your thoughts and/or opinions!

Edit: Formatting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this issue as well (on play logging), so if there's a technically feasible way to do it, I'd be for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.