45.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Im looking to interview some designers for my monthly newsletter at pixygamesuk and in particular around board game design and theories. If you'd like to be involved please let me know. I have seen some amazing posts on here where some go beyond what id expect.

Please reply or drop me a PM. It will be short and will be about what tips you can offer our readers. My blog gets around 200-300 monthly hits so I will see about introducing interviews to that also.

Thanks

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You might get some good responses by sending private messages to designers whose work you like. Most game designers are happy to talk about their work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Boosted the signal to a couple dozen designers who might not hit BGG as often as I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
buffalohat wrote:
You might get some good responses by sending private messages to designers whose work you like. Most game designers are happy to talk about their work.

I thought rather than me bother people I'd see if any where willing to drop me a message. I will see if I get any replies through this way first and if not I will contact a few directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally speaking -

The lesser known (if at all) designers are likely happy to get any notice they can. And would likely be happy to do an interview.

Better known designers might not need any exposure or simply might not find any benefit in the investment of time.

I imagine to get the interviews of better known designers you're going to have to do more work than a vanilla post on BGG. Might need to court 'em. There's really no incentive for them to reach out to you for an interview.

Nevertheless, acts of kindness are surprisingly abundant on BGG. So you never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies. I have a big one lined up which will was due to be featured on the blog Monday 1st August, although for some reason it displayed it now. But I will will keep it on the blog so please do check it out.

I have already had another contact me which is brilliant, so everything is ramping up nicely. I am going to schedule in some more interviews over the next 12 months and I really hope these and light interviews, not too indeph and give something to the community.

http://pixygamesuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Please do get in touch if you would like to be interviewed. I will keep it light hearted and person centred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
Had a few successes so far which is great. If anyone else is interested please let me know before I go hunting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a designer. You can check out my work and interview me if you want. If it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another designer willing to get hunted down. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
Great, I've got slots for October and November so that will be great. I will be in touch shortly to send over some questions for you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laughing Lizard Games
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
I am currently working on my first game for release on kickstarter later this year (It's Just A Theory) so i am not sure if i have as much experience as you would like, but i am happy to be interviewed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
Laughing Lizard wrote:
I am currently working on my first game for release on kickstarter later this year (It's Just A Theory) so i am not sure if i have as much experience as you would like, but i am happy to be interviewed.

Its best to wait until you are near to completing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

might be willing. Send him a GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.