Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My computer is both quirky and stupid. As such, I am unable to download the file that someone was kind enough to post in the files section, because the file ends with the letters .doc. My computer must not know that language because it always gives me a blue box and informs me that Windows is closing. Which it does and I have to log on again. If ANYONE can send me the errata and/or Q&A on this game, I will be most grateful.--EDIT 10/23/16-- I'm just trying to find a copy of the rules--not "rulebook + somebody's house rules"; just the rules, in English. If anyone has this in a format that is NOT Word or text (pdf is good), I'd much appreciate it.

Very much obliged,

Roger Cox
5108 Borman Dr.
Spartanburg SC 29301-3400

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Need a little help. There's no file there that I can see called "errata", and the one that's called Q&A is a txt file, so you should have no problem. Can you include the links to the files in a reply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Founding Fathers: Before politics became a reality show.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I believe he means this one, which is on the second page of files:

West Texas Gamers Association
Rules Clarifications for “Empires of the Ancient World”
Revised 1/26/03

Leader/Personality Cards: May only have one Engineer or Diplomat Card. May have more than one Merchant card in play.
Engineer Cards: (1) Reduce cost to fortify to two trade blocks. (2) +1 Modifier to Artillery fire. (3) Take possession of fortification if player wins siege, otherwise fort is destroyed.
Merchant Cards: (1) +1 trade blocks income. (2) +1 extra trade block placement per action, or pick up +1 extra trade block and move to warehouse as detailed below. (3) +1 Displacement.
Diplomat Cards: May “attack” neutral areas, paying one trade block or “attack” controlled area as detailed below.
Archers: are skirmishers and are defeated by light horse.
Skirmishers: negate/block another skirmish card. Archers block skirmishers and vice versa.
Plunder: Any blocks not of your color are eligible for plunder when a battle takes place. Neutral and Diplomatic attacks do not gain plunder. Trade blocks remain in affected area.
Artillery: Takes precedence over skirmishers and archers in siege combat. Remember that artillery can only attack Infantry and Elephants in the open, otherwise it looses.
Placing Control Markers: When using this action, you can only place control markers in areas that you already own. This protects against revolts and diplomatic attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.