BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Gamers in Israel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Kriener
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to live in Israel about 25 km north of Haifa (next to Akko/ Naharija) for the next few years.

Are there any gamers in the Haifa Region, preferably north of Haife in the coastal plain; any regular (or not so regular) gaming nights and meet ups; game shops (not only up in the north but in the whole country); conventions?

I'd be intersted to learn anything that's going on in our hobby in Israel.

Please send me a geek mail or let me know where to look.

My native language is German, but my English and Hebrew (Ivrit) are fairly good; plus I'm planning to do an Arab language course.

Cheers. Tobias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tobias. I just bought an apartment in Haifa today, actually, but I'll only be moving in come November.

There are a few more gamers in the region, and there's an open weekly boardgame night at the Technion. I'm unaware of any other regular or irregular meetups in the region, but I do intend to host gaming at my place (on the other hand, I'm generally more into 2 player games, so I'm not sure I actually should host 'events', as those imply more of a multiplayer focus.)

I was about to tell you there's no game shop in or around Haifa, but I remembered someone recently advertised (on the relevant facebook group rather than on BGG). The shop in question has a very limited stock though. A couple dozen titles, no more.

Outside the region, there are regular boardgaming nights held in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Gadera, and possibly a few other cities. The best shop in the country is 'The Kingdom' in Hod Hasharon. There are one or two more, but I wouldn't recommend those.

Seek out the Facebook group 'Unbored With Board Games'. The local scene is far more active there than on BGG.

Have fun,
Melody

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.