Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Huguenot Capital and Paris is Worth a Mass rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Nestor
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Can the successful play of the Paris is Worth a Mass event be used to move the Huguenot capital marker from the turn track or power card to Paris?

The event text states "...moves his Huguenot capital to Paris" but is silent about the origin of the Huguenot capital. The movement appears to be NOT optional also. So what happens if the Huguenot capital is not on the board at the time of the event play?

My instinct says the Huguenot capital is placed in Paris regardless of its current status, but I see how one can argue the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My read of it is that the capital moves from wherever it's from to Paris as soon as the card is played.

The Protestant should have a Huguenot capital somewhere by then. You can't get the Paris is Worth a Mass card until the Catholic league forms, and the Catholic League won't form until the Huguenots have launched enough rebellions to take political control over a number of French spaces. Once you launch a rebellion, you can declare a capital (and I believe itcould be in any fortified space, not just a key).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nestor
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
The issue is that the Huguenot could be captured earlier and hence off the board either on the turn track or on the power card if the capture took place on an earlier turn.

This sequence is not at all unlikely to occur since the Protestant is very likely to be at war with Spain and the main Huguenot army may be some distance away in the vicinity of Paris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.