Core Worlds» Forums » General

Subject: Big thank you to Stephen B. and Andrew P. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Big thank you to Stephen B. and Andrew P. as well as anyone else involved in the design, production, and fulfillment of the 18 physical cards that were obtainable through the CW: Digital kickstarter.

They were the primary reason I backed and I am overjoyed with the result.

Love that the 6 character cards have different art and abilities when you probably could have gotten away with just changing one of those elements.

The 10 pre-draft cards are excellent and more there is always welcome.

The Champion is cool but when I saw The Stronghold, I absolutely lit up with excitement.

Thank you so much for seeing this through and spending the time to deliver quality both physically and in design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - January 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're enjoying the new cards, Nate. We playtested these quite a bit, mostly because they were a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
mbmbmbmbmb
any chance that these cards will become available through regular channels?

at Essen preferably

Thanks for the great game anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the new cards, Nate. We playtested these quite a bit, mostly because they were a lot of fun! ;)

In your playtesting, did you switch all to the new abilities, some, or allow a choice? I was thinking a choice might be interesting, similar to the A/B sides in 7 Wonders and Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrJork wrote:
any chance that these cards will become available through regular channels?

at Essen preferably :D

Thanks for the great game anyway

I can't speak for Stronghold or Broken Myth, but the terms of the Kickstarter specified that the alternate art hero cards might be available through BGG. The new pre-draft cards and the card that was part of the highest tier were declared as KS exclusive. The availability of another card (recently added to BGG) would seem an open question as it wasn't promised as part of the KS, and would probably be Mr. B's call alone.

As another said in this thread, the physical rewards drove some people's pledges; to dilute that exclusivity could be problematic to customer relations. After the delays and issues with the digital game, this is a welcome reward for pledging two years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 cents:

I'm neither a backer, nor a fan of exclusives, but I think and hope they will honor their word and keep these cards exclusive.

However, they could well reprint the cards with new art and the same text and sell those. That way, backers would have their exclusive cards, but the content would still be available to all the fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Binkly wrote:
Andrew Parks wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the new cards, Nate. We playtested these quite a bit, mostly because they were a lot of fun!

In your playtesting, did you switch all to the new abilities, some, or allow a choice? I was thinking a choice might be interesting, similar to the A/B sides in 7 Wonders and Terra Mystica.

When playtesting the new Starting Heroes, we just used the new ones, although there should be no problem allowing players a choice.

For the pre-game draft cards, we mixed them in with the rest of the sector 0 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has their been any reveal on the new hero cards / draft cards?

I completely missed the kickstarter when it ran, so never knew about them till much later when I brought the game, and so have missed that opportunity, and am quite curious to see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited about this thread! This means I should be receiving mine in the next 2 weeks or so in Ireland. I pledged at "Citizen of Ra" level and added USD 10+1 for the pre-game physical draft cards.

EDIT: typo and clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Some notes on the physical cards:

All $20+ backers will receive the new 6 Alternate Heroes cards.

All $50+ backers will receive the new Champion of Ra card.

Backers had the option to add on the new 10 Pre-Game Draft cards.

ALL BACKERS that were receiving any physical cards are being sent one card as a GIFT from Stronghold Games, which is a Star Fortress card:

Core Worlds: The Stronghold

The Stronghold card was not promised to anyone in physical format. I wanted to send this to everyone who was already getting physical cards as a thank you for your support and your patience in this process. I hope you enjoy.

All of these cards will be shipped within the next 2-3 weeks. Some are out already.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

p.s. Whichever cards were stated to be exclusive will remain exclusive. That's a bond that cannot be broken to backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

p.s. Whichever cards were stated to be exclusive will remain exclusive. That's a bond that cannot be broken to backers.

okay, a pity but understandable.

I'll drop by at Essen to buy Terraforming Mars anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the Champion do, out of curiousity? I thought $25 dollars for a single card was a bit of a high premium, but at least I'd like to vicariously enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
What does the Champion do, out of curiousity? I thought $25 dollars for a single card was a bit of a high premium, but at least I'd like to vicariously enjoy it!

It's a Sector V Prestige Card that costs 7 Energy to draft and provides 5 Empire Points (very cost effective for a Prestige Card). BUT it has this text:

"You may only draft this Prestige card if you control more Core Worlds than every other single player."

So it rewards early, frequent conquest during the Core Worlds sector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my physical cards this morning: 1x Champion of Ra, 1x The Stronghold, 10x Pre-game draft cards and 6x Alternate Heroes.

A huge THANK YOU to the designer and everyone at Stronghold Games for making this possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maverick Reborn
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know who I should cantact if I still haven't recieved mine?
I just don't trust commenting on the Kickstarter and waiting weeks for Broken Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Maverickreborn wrote:
Anyone know who I should cantact if I still haven't recieved mine?
I just don't trust commenting on the Kickstarter and waiting weeks for Broken Myth.

For anything physical, and now specifically, the Core Worlds Digital PHYSICAL cards that were part of some tiers and other Add-Ons, please contact me directly via email:

info AT strongholdgames DOT com

Similarly, for anything digital, BrokenMyth has asked for you to contact them using the KS message system, not via email.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.