Subject: Hello ladies, what are you favorite geeklists and why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nadine Grech
Malta
flag msg tools
Let me begin with my own favorite geeklists:

Language-independent games + Language independent games that my mum plays

Both helps me choose independent board games to play with my mom.

Buying board games at bookdepository.com

Very useful since they do not have a category for board games! I have always loved Book Depository for its free shipping. I have come to love it even more now that I got to know they sell board games as well!

The top 100 most purchased games (announcement thread)

I always find it interesting to know what board games are currently being purchased the most. This shows just that!

How Many Players? Play This..... (2016 Edition)

Very useful geeklist that helps me a lot. It's important for me to know which games are best played or at least recommended with two and three players. Two players and three players including me is the most I can get. Isn't it horrible when you buy board games and you realize it isn't as fun with fewer players?

Rahdo Runs Through... Games!

I love Rahdo's reviews.

What are your favorite geeklists?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, Nadine! I love geeklists and here are my personal favorites:

* Card Sleeve Sizes for Games: I'm a sleever, so this is an invaluable geeklist for me and those like me.

* What Did You Play This Week? July 18-24, 2016: The weekly WDYPTW geeklists are an awesome place to get in-depth opinions and thoughts on games. I really enjoy participating in them. The contributors are generally very nice and helpful whenever anyone has any questions about the games the played for the week.

* New to you June 2016 => Best new boardgame: Similarly, the monthly New to You geeklists are great for getting impressions on the new hotness as well as first perspectives on a wide variety of games.

* Pay it Forward First (PIFF) — Spreading Board Game Geek Love: A geeklist that's generally a great corner of the Geek. So many wonderful, kind, and generous people over there. I've enjoyed participating in such a wonderful movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my favourites:

Monthly "Games for Geekgold" lottery list. Nice way of getting rid of some excess geekgold, and maybe win something occasionally.
Games for Geekgold (G4GG) - August 2016

Monthly "What solitaire game are you playing" list. Very useful for learning about solo and solo playable games. Bad for my wallet.
Solitaire Games on Your Table - July 2016

Solo games you can play in 30 minutes or less

Women in Games -- Examples of Positive Representation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decorations everywhere!
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like:

The Dice Games (with Big Brothers) Listing since I love chukkin' dice!

Gen Con 2016 Preview - this is a good way to find out about new games debuting at Gen Con.

The "100 games x 1" challenge 2016 -- Exploring diversity 2 - we enjoy participating in this challenge. It helps us get our unplayed games played.

2016 Challenge: Play 10 Games 10 Times Each - we also enjoy this challenge every year.

Name that tune! - this is a fun game, but I don't know most of the songs

Boardgame Quizzes! - some of these can be really tough.

iOS versions of Board Games - a good way to keep up with iOS boardgames.

Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - The Notorious 3's - Q3 2016 and Will you please adopt one of the microbadge orphans from 2016? - I like being able to support the microbadgers!

An Advent of Christmas Gaming Challenge - 2015 - this is a wonderful challenge to participate in. The pics that folks post are usually quite good!

What We're Playing - June 2016 - there's a new one every month.

indigopotter's dice bags - Carol makes lovely dice bags!

Board Game Challenge - Dicember 2015 - another really fun challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decorations everywhere!
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I almost forgot this great annual charity auction!:

The Jack Vasel Memorial Fund Auction - 2015 - CLOSED! Time to Pay and Ship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deidre Iannelli
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xelissa wrote:

* Card Sleeve Sizes for Games: I'm a sleever, so this is an invaluable geeklist for me and those like me.

Being a pretty obsessive sleever, this is pretty much the only geeklist I visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I don`t really do much geeklist searching. Almost strictly forum geek.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Thrift Store/Bargain Finds 25 - 31 July 2016 - there's a new one each week. It's fun to post the games I've found in thrift stores and see some of the amazing finds other people have had.

2016 - TACO DE MAYO - There's a new one yearly. And who doesn't love eating tacos, right?

BurrEato November 2015 - 30 Days, 30 Burritos!!! - Another yearly event of delicious proportions.

Board Games Made Better without Cancer - Chris is a BGGer who was diagnosed with cancer and has been documenting his journey through chemo/radiation, surgery, recovery and more chemo to come. He's a great guy who has kept his sense of humor through it and is someone I would love to play a game with if I ever got to meet him in person.

Ladies, what are your three key games? - I just find it interesting reading others choices. I can't pinpoint three key games for myself yet though.

2016 Mystery Recipe "I Made It!" Geek List - This is from the Culinary Guild and it was a blast to get a recipe from someone else to try and send one off to a target and see their response.

7 day AOK challenge: Act Out Kindness - An initiative run by W&G's own Rose to encourage people to be kind to others in our daily lives. It was a nice experience to be part of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Themed Carcassonne Combos - I think this is really neat!
Kawaii Games - Love cute games
1 Player guild geeklists - Haven't looked around a whole lot since I joined the other day, but seems to be a interesting/useful guild in general.

Because cats!
A Cat in Every Box: Board Game Cat Box (BGCB)
How to Attract a Cat to your Gaming Group
Games with CATS! The definitive list.

And the Gen Con previews and Gen Con Virtual Flea Market geeklists are always extremely useful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops...almost forgot this one:
Feel the love! - Love-Spreader of the Week celebration geeklist - It's fun to meet and learn about other BGGers that have been nominated for the honor and its a blast asking them questions too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many geeklists I'm subscribed to, here are a couple that I have in my quickbar:

Games I use for lg teaching - HilkMAN's geeklist that was one of the first things I subscribed to on BGG after joining the site. It inspired me a lot to research and purchase many games for my English classes.

Games set in or pertaining to Egypt - I love ancient Egypt so any game connected with this theme interests me a lot.

Couples of the Geek - I'm a little bit romantic and it's so cool to read all the geeky love stories

Card Sleeve Sizes - this one has already been mentioned, but it's so useful

She's Asleep! - Games for time poor couples with infant(s) - I don't have children yet, but I'm keeping this geeklist for future use

The BGG Zoo--Games With Animeeples - what can I say, I love animeeples lemoncamel

Games with CATS! The definitive list. - I'm a crazy cat lady

The Exhaustive List of Board Games You Can Play Online for Free - yucata, boiteajeux, boardgamearena... You name it, they have it all here.

Metalist for 2 Player Games Geeklists (68 lists!) - the title says everything
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Blessed Advent!
mbmbmbmb
Stats geeklists:
top 50 played

top 50 in rankings

top 100 purchased

I used to subscribe to Rahdo, but I just don't have time anymore for run throughs. I do enjoy a few reviews, though:
5 second reviews - these are hillarious! The Factory Fun one still cracks me up

Stik-fa-mation reviews - these are amazing! They are so pretty to watch

SU&SD - I don't watch all of them anymore, but the ones I do get to watch are usually a lot of fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Grech
Malta
flag msg tools
Thank you for sharing, ladies ! So many awesome geeklists I didn't know I needed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.