$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 80.59

5,403 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Connor Holland
msg tools
The new deck in this expansion is called the magic deck, it contains 28 powerful spells, and 2 optional hindering spells. This deck is played face down, and most cards state where the spell goes when it is gained (hand, discard pile etc), if not stated, then gain the spell to the discard pile. The new team, of which 5 of the 6 heroes fall into are the Mystics of Marvel (not a real team, just magic users from around the marvel universe), and the 6th playable ally is Dr Doom, so thought he shouldn't be on the team as he rarely follows anyones lead but his own, however he still utilises the magic deck.
Edits made:
Edit 1: 2 New Heroes,1 new keyword (testing to see how well it works, may integrate it to other heroes), Dr Doom fix (given him Marvel Mystics team icon and increased cost of his rare), Sister Grimm fix

Edit 2: 3 new heroes added, utilise a keyword I made from a previous post called silver tongue
Spells:

Optional Bad spells:

Playable Heroes and Allies:
Clea:

Doctor Strange:

Sister Grimm:

Dr Doom:

The last 2 Heroes, I've made before, but wanted to make them with the Marvel Mystics team symbol, and use spells
Scarlet Witch:

Wiccan:

Mastermind: Dormammu:

Villain group: The Dark Dimension (3x Sons of Satannish, 2x Satannish, 2x Baron Mordo, 1x Umar the Unrelenting):

Henchmen villain:

I hope you all like my expansion, any feedback is welcome, and any suggestions for other playable heroes/allies, or new spells is welcome.

2 New Heroes:

Selene:

Morgan Le Fay:

Morgan utilises the keyword Magical Incantation X -> which means, return spells from your hand equal to the number X is, to activate the effect after the arrow. You cannot return spells whose effects you have used this turn, they must be returned from your hand for the Incantation to work. You may do this any number of times this turn, as long as you keep paying the spell cost, like how Focus works.

Loki expansion:
Loki, Prince of Lies:

Lady Loki:

Kid Loki:

The Loki's utilise a keyword I made for my Loki agent of asgard playable hero, found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1611567/loki-agent-asgard-p... , aswell as the Magical incantation keyword from last update. Hope you continue to enjoy this expansion!!

Silver Tongue: Give 1 villain in the city the keyword bribe this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Re: Mystics of Marvel Expansion with 6 playable heroes (subject to change), new side deck, mastermind, villain and henchmen group.
Love this idea! At the moment, Dr. Strange seems OP but i also haven't read through all the spells (though now I'm seeing that many of them are 1-time uses, and if not gained to hand have a "warm-up" time before use.

Very very cool. Have you playtested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Re: Mystics of Marvel Expansion with 6 playable heroes (subject to change), new side deck, mastermind, villain and henchmen group.
Me and my boyfriend have play tested it a few times, some with 5 spell users, and some times with 3 or 2, and other heroes to make up the deck, and the spells were pretty strong yeah, and Im thinking about weakening Dr Strange as he is admittedly one of the strongest of the bunch (with Doom a close second, but of course Doom has to be powerful ) but in some cases you can be clogged up with too much spells and not enough heroes, so it can sometimes be a bad thing to gain too much spells, and the demonic possession bad spell really screwed us over when it took Scarlet witch's rare from the HQ, so overall I feel it is quite balanced as long as you play with a harder scheme and harder mastermind which we regularly do as it's mainly just the 2 of us playing it and 2 player seems to be the easiest.

Still more playtesting to be done on it, but thought I'd share it just now Hoping for more spell suggestions (good or bad)

*Edit I meant Wiccan's rare*
I know there is stronger villains than 9 attack, but we got him near the beginning of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Also Umar is a bitch when fortifying the spell deck, makes sister grimm very hazardous with all the wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Just a thought - what if each spell effect also required you having played a Mystic first (i.e. Mystic team icon before the effect) - that way gaining the spell would be like beginning the incantation, and playing it would be like the hero actually completing the spell.

Might make them underpowered, especially if you have few heroes and many spells (rendering a hand of all spells as junk), but maybe not? Or maybe require a Mystic prerequisite ahead of some of the spells (but not all)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Going through more in depth now... there are definite balance issues that need ironing, though the set is definitely on the right track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
If I made them have to be triggered by mystics of marvel team only, that could help balance them a bit more, meaning I'd need to give Dr Doom the team icon, but it is something to consider.
I'll get more into testing and balancing a bit more after civil war expansion and aliens vs 2pcg expansion as they'll soon be taking up my time, but all in all thanks for all the feedback and Im glad you seem to like them Magic in marvel has always been my favourite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Same, Drs strange and doom are two of my favorite characters.

Thank YOU for your efforts. I'll see if I can think of any other adjustments over he next several days/weeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Ok, just played:
Negative Zone Prison breakout (pretty easy scheme)
King Hyperion mastermind
Utopolis and Guardians of galaxy villain group, Lava men and Khonshu henchmen

Heroes: Dr strange, Dr Doom, Sister Grimm, Wiccan, Clea.

We won the game, but not really that quick. We didn't feel we had too much trouble (but again thought that was more the scheme). Overall, not too overpowered this game (until I got Wiccan's rare mixed with a tonne of spells from sister Grimm's 2 card)
Here's mine and my boyfriends review of these heroes from this game:
Dr Strange= Actually not too OP, seemed pretty well balanced in our opinions.
Dr Doom= really quite slow start (Dr strange mainly kept this deck going until later on) but then became godly towards the end. May make his rare cost 12 as it is just soo extremely ... Godly haha.
Sister Grimm= Super strong early on, but really hurts later on with the wounds unless you can get her uncommon out. To balance her, may make her Common 2 card get a max of 3 spells each card (given that I got 8 spells in the one turn from her alone....)
Wiccan= More of a support with his commons, his uncommon is good, but not too good, so I feel it doesn't need to be nerfed by me. However his rare makes it extremely OP, so thinking I will change it instead of by playing him it changes the magic deck to face up etc etc. I may make it something like if I want to do that, I should K.O. him. but I am really stumped on what to do with him. Any suggestions???
Clea= All round, pretty balanced, however not a card to main (kinda like star lord, in that your deck cant be just based around her). I really quite like the idea I came up with her that she by entering the villain deck is fighting them from the dark dimension haha. Dont think I will be changing anything about Clea.

Soo there is a review of our game we just finished 5 minutes ago, and some possible changes I will be making. I really wanna make more spells to bulk out the spell deck more, but need suggesstions on that, and I need to either change the wording on some, or state what happens to some after they're finished like Curse of Weakness. Will do this all soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Also a side note, I don't think they would be as OP if say playing with a randomised hero deck like we usually do, just like how the X-men are rather OP when the Hero deck is comprised of all X-men, so will need to see soon what happens with say, only 1 or 2 of them in the Hero deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't really looked at the cards too in depth but I was thinking, if you want more bad spells, maybe look at rewording some ambition cards to turn them into bad spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
YBDynamo wrote:
I haven't really looked at the cards too in depth but I was thinking, if you want more bad spells, maybe look at rewording some ambition cards to turn them into bad spells.

OOoooh thats a good idea thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't had time to read the vast majority of what you made, but it looks good and the idea clearly has potential. And I think it makes darn good sense to make magic powerful. Strange, Clea, Scarlet Witch and so on should be titans, and Doom should be, if anything, even bigger since he combines science and technology with magic.

You've done some spiffy work recently. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for your customs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Thank you soo much for the kind feeback on this, my loki and my wiccan, scarlet witch etc expansion!! Glad people are liking them ^.^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Ok so made some edits to the originals, namely adding 2 new heroes, and fixing doom, and sister grimm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mystics of Marvel Expansion with 8 playable heroes (subject to change), new side deck, mastermind, villain and henchmen group.
Added them all (individually and as an Expansion) to the Marvel Master Database.

Well Done!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Added 3 new playable heroes heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess we're ready for that full-on Loki expansion huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Can never have too much Loki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added the Loki Trio to the Database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools

For anyone wanting to use the team icon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I like your additions, but have a big suggestion about your rare card for Selene. It should have a base value other than zero. Recall Blazing Hellfire and Pennance Stare from Ghost Rider's cards: both get most of their power from the boost, but they do have base values. I think Millenia of Knowledge should also have a very low base value, like 2 + X (X is # of killed cards). Otherwise a game involving Ghost Rider cards and/or Helmut Zemo would have a normally awesome rare card doing almost nothing or literally nothing.

One last thing about your Selene rare: its art is awesome. I got the collection of Necrosha X just last week and was awed by the Goddess Selene cover, and wondered aloud why that hadn't been used for the Selene/Black Queen custom Mastermind cards. You did well to fix that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.