45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember seeing a video for a game that looked very similar to this on W. Eric Martin's Essen videos from 2015. It was being taught by an elderly woman who had a few other games she was demoing but I don't think it looked the same so I'm wondering if it was changed. Also, I could be completely wrong so I don't mean to throw BO games under a plagiarism bus, I just honestly have no clue if these are the same games or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
dexdouglas wrote:
I remember seeing a video for a game that looked very similar to this on W. Eric Martin's Essen videos from 2015. It was being taught by an elderly woman who had a few other games she was demoing but I don't think it looked the same so I'm wondering if it was changed.

Not sure which game you are referring to exactly. Fast Flip is a simple matching game, so there are many many similar games out there. Perhaps you're thinking of Joomba!? Or maybe you're remembering my colleague Matthieu from Blue Orange (EU) as a woman in this video?

To more directly answer your question: Fast Flip is an "original" concept, it has not been changed, and has not appeared under any other name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, definitely didn't confuse Matthieu for an elderly woman but I definitely don't remember enough of the other game I saw to make an accusation of plagiarism. I just remember thinking, "Oh wow, that game looks cool." Then seeing Fast Flip and going " Oh great, gotta pick that up!" But just confused if they were the same game. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the video! The games are definitely different but I can see how I confused them. Start at the 3 minute mark.

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/87937/maureen-hiron/spiel-20...

Regardless of that, I am still excited to play Fast Flip! It looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Yeah this is TOTALLY something we would publish! Never heard of it before, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I see it doesn't even have an entry on bgg... so hip cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.