Subject: Automatic fort displacement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb

How are you supposed to achieve the 7:1 odds (with 4 SPs) when you are only allowed to stack 3SPs in a fort hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is no stack limit on (land) forts, so you can automatically displace with 4:0 odds.

There is a 3SP stack limit inside coastal forts, but remember at most only 3SP can attack from land (attack across navigable river, max 3SP considered to attack regardless of stack size, see 11.5) or from the ocean (amphibious assault, max 3SP if Union) so the 4:0 situation would never arise anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
Hm, strange that coastal forts were specifically added in the updated rulebook:

Quote:
(11.1.2) Automatic Displacement: [...] If the defender’s force consist of only a 0 SP Militia and/or an unoccupied Fort or Coastal Fort, then only 4 SPs is required to achieve 7:1 odds. Do not count DRMs when calculating the 7:1 odds.

(blue text = changes from the updated rulebook)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I saw that too but I still don't see any situation when more than 3SP can attack a coastal fort. You're limited to 3SP from amphib assaults and 3SP attacking from land (as per 11.5).

But maybe I'm missing something really obvious here! Hopefully someone else can confirm either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.