Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Bausack. This looks similar.

Has anyone played both? If so how does it compare?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! I've been wondering exactly the same thing. I don't want another game that already does what Bandu does quite well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is up here: Junk Art Rule Book

Junk Art is really one core set of components and rules that provides several different stacking games (as some games provide scenarios).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both (as well as a bunch of other stacking games) and I'd say you could enjoy both. Both games have a bunch of variants for them but surprisingly, no overlap. Bausack seems more cerebral. Junk Art seems more immediate. I think I had more fun with Junk Art but it's also newer. I can say for sure that Junk Art provided more laughs whereas Bausack provides more "Oooooo" moments as everyone is watching you on your turn.

Full disclosure, I only played 4 or 5 of the variants in Junk Art so maybe there are variants that have only one person building at a time but all the ones I played had simultaneous play or speed play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your comments. meeple

The one complaint I have experienced with Bausack/Bandu is people think it can out stay its welcome, especially with the player elimination.

The play time of Junk Art makes it look appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's another reason Junk Art is so good. You can play a single game in about 1 minute or you can play 4-5 games in 8 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I recall from my demo at Origins, you *could* play Bausack with the components in JunkArt. The wooden bits would be all different, of course...

But yeah, with the myriad game rules included with JunkArt, plus the bits--it seems to me to be the stacking dexterity game to rule them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Cranor
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just from the pictures it looks like the pieces don't have the slants and curves that make Sac Noir so fun. But maybe standard Bausack is like that too? I've only played Noir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Cano
France
Nice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering: What about playing Junk Art with the pieces of Bausack as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
mirkocano wrote:

They could be added with some house rules, but in many cases Junk Art requires identical pieces for each player and/or relies on the deck of cards that depict the Junk Art pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
mirkocano wrote:

They could be added with some house rules, but in many cases Junk Art requires identical pieces for each player and/or relies on the deck of cards that depict the Junk Art pieces.

...or the fact that the pieces come in 4 different colors, each of which has the same pieces (as opposed to Bausack's tougher red pieces).

You could add Junk Art pieces to a game of Bausack easily enough. I don't see much of a way to do it the other way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.