Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rowe
United Kingdom
Minsterley
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We're into Star Wars games and like x-wing miniatures and the new edition of Star Wars Risk.

I'm looking for a new Star Wars game can;t decide between Armada and Rebellion. Both are a similar price.

Has any one got a preference? Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, Rebellion is a vastly different game, while Armada is a bit like X-Wing (certainly different enough, but still much closer).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
flag msg tools
And like X-wing, Armada really shines with expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olmestig wrote:
And like X-wing, Armada really shines with expansions.

Do you have infinite disposable income? Yes - Armada : No - Rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Armada is closer to X-wing: tabletop miniatures game, with fleet building and multitudes of expansions to add ships and upgrades to your game

Rebellion is a "complete" (says cautiously) board game, not tabletop miniatures war/game...

They are very different games, so not sure it is as simple as A or B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have not played either game, so there's that. However, I'm much more tempted to purchase Rebellion. This is partly because I hate the idea of methodically measuring out all my ships' moves. The other main reason is that I like the story that would unfold while playing Rebellion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
IMHO, the games are both great. But to get the same amount of fun from Armada as you get from Rebellion requires you to spend at least $150, depending on where prices currently are.

Rebellion, more so than any others, is Star Wars in a box. It's complete as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rowe
United Kingdom
Minsterley
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone, that' really helpful. Think I'l be getting rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Ghost
badge
Can't You See That You're Lost Without Me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Good choice. After getting Rebellion, I realized it's the only Star Wars game I'll probably ever need. Even ended up ditching my copy of Star Wars Risk. Granted I'm not a huge Star Wars fanboy though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsrowe wrote:
Thanks everyone, that' really helpful. Think I'l be getting rebellion.

If you enjoy Star Wars, you will enjoy the impressive thematic experience of Rebellion. Plus it's a one time purchase and you won't get caught up in another collection game. Good choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay V
msg tools
I know you made your decision. I have both. Love them both. But after 10 games of each, Armada still shines. Rebellion is fun, but for the long-haul. Armada is more versatile, more strategy, and never the same game! No two Armada games have been the same for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.