Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Queston about the "Red question mark" in the harvest phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Lichon
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi

I have just ordered my copy of Caverna, which should arrive in a few days. So I decided to start reading the rules online so I would be ready for when i arrives.

So, in regards to harvesting so far I understand that when you come to a harvest phase and you get a green leaf you have to go through the three sub-phases: "Field", "Feeding" and "Breeding". But then when you get a Red question mark is when I start getting confused. Initially I understood it as you do exactly what the harvest event card (for red question marks) says, but then because of how the rules are written I got a bit confused, so my questions are as following:

- For the first marker it says "No harvest", this means you don't do any of the phases (Field, feeding and breeding)?

- At the second marker you just pay 1 food for each dwarf you have and do none of the "Harvesting" (Field, feeding and breeding)?

- At the third and last marker it says: "Skip the field phase or the breeding phase" so you still have to do the feeding phase from the normal "Harvest" event, right?

It might just be me who is a bit thick headed but I thought the rules could have been written a bit more clearly on this area.

Any help/answers are greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's correct.

First time the red marker comes up you skip the entire Harvesting Phase.
Second time you skip the entire Harvesting Phase too, but you have to pay one food for every dwarf you have.
Third time you have to choose if you want to skip the field phase or the breeding phase. But every player has to do the feeding phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.