3 Posts

Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » Rules

Subject: area control & supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niels M
Germany
flag msg tools
Wanted to confirm my understanding of another rule and its effect.

So supply is evaluated at the end of a season, while area control is evaluated at the beginning. That means:

1. If I move my units into a territory that would cut off an enemy unit's supply, it would actually not cause it to be out of supply in that season, since I am only actually taking control of the territory at the start of the next season.

2. If I move my units through empty enemy controlled territory, I cannot establish a supply line immediately. For example, if I move south from Baku into Tabriz and Abadan, even if I leave a unit in Tabriz, the units in Abadan will be out of supply in that season, since I won't take control of Tabriz until the start of the next season.

(Using this map for the example: http://www.gmtgames.com/triumphtragedy/TandTMap.jpg, not 100% sure if Tabriz and Abadan are the names used on the real map.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neils,

Not really.
Control is evaluated at the start of each PHASE. Not Season.
So changes of control take effect at the start of the Supply phase.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels M
Germany
flag msg tools
Ah, doh.

So I've been playing it right all along. Just re-reading the rules confused me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.