$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 131.4

7,719 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Neuroshima Hex!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Judge/ Reflect Interactions (Poison/ Venom/ Ghost/ Quill) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There appears to be contradictory information regarding Venom/ Poison & Reflect (Steel Police), and I'm seeking clarification:

A unit with Venom (Mississippi) attacks the reflect side of a Judge. Does Venom target the judge, reflect and target the judge or just reflect? (ditto for Poison)

Also: If a Ghost (Mississippi: special attack - target any unit on the board) targets the Judge, it the attack reflected? (ditto for Mephisto's 'Quill' attack)

Thanks in advance for answers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. A. G.
France
Itteville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the 3.0 Steel Police rules: "If the attack being reflected had the Venom/Paralysis feature it is still poisonous/paralyzing to the unit with the Reflection feature.".
So it seems both the Judge and the unit next to the reflection side are affected by the Venom/Poison? Or only the Judge, I'm not even sure.
My 2.0 french rules really sound different, with the Judge not being affected by the Venom/Poison and completely reflecting it.

About the Ghost/Quills, I'd say it doesn't care at all about the reflection, since it doesn't go through any side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
A unit with Venom (Mississippi) attacks the reflect side of a Judge. Does Venom target the judge, reflect and target the judge or just reflect? (ditto for Poison)
Just reflect. If a Unit with the Reflection reflects an Attack with Venom/Paralysis feature, then the reflected attack will keep this feature.
AdrianPHague wrote:
If a Ghost (Mississippi: special attack - target any unit on the board) targets the Judge, is the attack reflected? (ditto for Mephisto's 'Quill' attack)
No, it's not reflected. Reflection protects the army unit from all attacks directed at its side marked with the reflection icon. Both mentioned attacks don't have a direction, so you can just treat them as if they were from above / below, thus not from the side reflection icon
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterTouan wrote:
According to the 3.0 Steel Police rules: "If the attack being reflected had the Venom/Paralysis feature it is still poisonous/paralyzing to the unit with the Reflection feature.".
So it seems both the Judge and the unit next to the reflection side are affected by the Venom/Poison? Or only the Judge, I'm not even sure.
My 2.0 french rules really sound different, with the Judge not being affected by the Venom/Poison and completely reflecting it.
I noticed that some of the rules are not translated correctly from Polish. This seems to be one of them. Polish rules say that "If a Unit with the Reflection reflects an Attack with Venom/Paralysis feature, then the reflected attack will keep this feature."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant, that clears it up. Thanks all
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.