Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Earthquake - Vault Spell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting at least 1 success make all actors in the target Zone losing their next activation :

- Survivors : do they lose their entire turn ?
- Zombies with more than 1 action (Runners, Wolfz) : do the lose all their actions ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
- Survivors : do they lose their entire turn ?

Yes. They are an Actor and Survivors do activate when they take their turn, so a Survivor in the Zone would lose their next turn.

Incidentally, I would also assume this ability is covered by the "A Survivor can’t hit himself with his own attacks." rule, such that if he resolves this in his own Zone, he doesn't immediately lose an activation.

Quote:
- Zombies with more than 1 action (Runners, Wolfz) : do the lose all their actions ?

Yes. They lose their entire activation, which encompasses multiple actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own tha card (yet), but isn't it kind of overpowered, especially when it comes to Abominations? you can basically take them out of the game without killing them.

I think it would be MUCH better if the card says, an actor looses its next action rather than activation. what do you think? what is your experience with that card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Vault Artifact. It's meant to be pretty OP. It's also no better at delaying most Abominations as the Repulse Enchantment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
It's a Vault Artifact. It's meant to be pretty OP. It's also no better at delaying most Abominations as the Repulse Enchantment.
seems more OP than fireball, orcish crossbow, orcish bow, heavy cross bow, and dwarves shield...

It shouldn't be able to knock down 20+ zombies at a time...

Vault means it gets to break a rule in a small way... Do 3 damage, armor rolls against abominations, two weapons in one card (melee and ranged as one card or stats of a dual wield as one card. It shouldn't mean it gets to be horribly busted and OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
Melriken wrote:
Clipper wrote:
seems more OP than fireball, orcish crossbow, orcish bow, heavy cross bow, and dwarves shield...

Vault means it gets to break a rule in a small way... Do 3 damage, armor rolls against abominations, two weapons in one card (melee and ranged as one card or stats of a dual wield as one card. It shouldn't mean it gets to be horribly busted and OP.

Although it is very good, it's not the perfect spell people think it is. I've held Aboms in place for a while with it. The problem though is you run the risk of extra activations. You are also effectively keeping your survivor in that one spot and focusing actions on the Abom that you aren't killing. Actions are precious, especially late game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
Melriken wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Although it is very good, it's not the perfect spell people think it is. I've held Aboms in place for a while with it. The problem though is you run the risk of extra activations. You are also effectively keeping your survivor in that one spot and focusing actions on the Abom that you aren't killing. Actions are precious, especially late game.

Better than repulse in many situations because it also kills. Kept an Abominotaur, Ablomination, Abomb and about 20 zombies at bay with judicious use of Earthquake, even passing the spell around as necessary.

Sure there can be extra activations, but we didn't wait 1 zone away after casting. This spell won us scenario 7 (or was it 8?) when all else looked extremely dire. We also delayed a massive group so that their brethren could catch up before we threw down a dragon bile and had us some scorched earth.

And my first reaction to drawing Earthquake was "one damage and three dice that hits on a 4+? I'll trade you for inferno."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.