Subject: Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao C L Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read in the Gen Con thread that they are presenting an expansion. Anyone has infomation about this??? I really like this game and im very curious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmmm, I wonder what it could be? Let's start speculating. I bet it will contain:
- More buildings
- New types of crusades
- New types of Vikings or other enemies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao C L Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Hmmmmm, I wonder what it could be? Let's start speculating. I bet it will contain:
- More buildings
- New types of crusades
- New types of Vikings or other enemies

- I would go with new types of enemies!
- 2 player Variant (something like Magicians Power from Trickerion would be awesome)
I really wouldn't want new types of buildings\crusades... I would go with something like extra module for more placements like something related with the King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want new buildings either, I prefer something different.

I would like a new board, a city or a field. Jerusalem for example, we need to help rebuild it. Or building a castle of our own, where we could use archers too

And a new type of worker I would like also, like knights or horsemen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeORomani wrote:
I don't want new buildings either, I prefer something different.

I would like a new board, a city or a field. Jerusalem for example, we need to help rebuild it. Or building a castle of our own, where we could use archers too

And a new type of worker I would like also, like knights or horsemen.

I agree that the buildings are varied enough. The kind of variability that the game needs is something broader, something that varies one game from the next. Something like variable player powers, as in the Tzolk'in expansion, or Marco Polo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua N
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any info from Gen con on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Davis
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance to play in an event Randy was running @ GenCon and talk with him quite a bit about the game and his future plans (both for this game and some other things he has in the hopper). Very much enjoyed the conversation.

As to an expansion, he showed us what it was and walked through a bit how to use it. Basically, it does NOT really add just new buildings, crusades or cards to the game (not in my opinion). It adds an entirely new 'player' to the mix - Vikings. One player takes on the role of the 'bad guys' in the game trying to build up things to make the other players have a more difficult time.

It effectively becomes a semi-coop game where all the players are still trying to build their abbeys and collect resources and score points - but - they need to work together to some extent to fend off the Vikings, which instead of being in card form are now an actual player playing.

I was initially confused thinking that one player was doing double-duty - building the Abbey and then off to the side managing the Vikings. But, that is not the case - one player has their own board, scoring, buildings, etc that they manage to try to score the most points. Conflict is a bit more direct - though from what I saw, most of it is distributed - meaning if the Vikings do something mean, and the rest of the players don't do whatever to stop it, everyone gets hit - not just a single player.

I may not have done it justice - and if Randy is looking at these boards, he might correct me. I thought it looked pretty cool and added a new dynamic to the game. Of course, I myself, am still trying to find my way in the base game (best strategies, etc)...I will be curious to see in an actual game how much more 'conflict' it adds, as I know too much of that can be a turn off to some people.

IIRC, Randy said he thought/hoped it will be available early next year (I may be off on that...)

MM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao C L Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MatildaMike wrote:
I had a chance to play in an event Randy was running @ GenCon and talk with him quite a bit about the game and his future plans (both for this game and some other things he has in the hopper). Very much enjoyed the conversation.

As to an expansion, he showed us what it was and walked through a bit how to use it. Basically, it does NOT really add just new buildings, crusades or cards to the game (not in my opinion). It adds an entirely new 'player' to the mix - Vikings. One player takes on the role of the 'bad guys' in the game trying to build up things to make the other players have a more difficult time.

It effectively becomes a semi-coop game where all the players are still trying to build their abbeys and collect resources and score points - but - they need to work together to some extent to fend off the Vikings, which instead of being in card form are now an actual player playing.

I was initially confused thinking that one player was doing double-duty - building the Abbey and then off to the side managing the Vikings. But, that is not the case - one player has their own board, scoring, buildings, etc that they manage to try to score the most points. Conflict is a bit more direct - though from what I saw, most of it is distributed - meaning if the Vikings do something mean, and the rest of the players don't do whatever to stop it, everyone gets hit - not just a single player.

I may not have done it justice - and if Randy is looking at these boards, he might correct me. I thought it looked pretty cool and added a new dynamic to the game. Of course, I myself, am still trying to find my way in the base game (best strategies, etc)...I will be curious to see in an actual game how much more 'conflict' it adds, as I know too much of that can be a turn off to some people.

IIRC, Randy said he thought/hoped it will be available early next year (I may be off on that...)

MM

Thank you for your imput.
I'm not really sure i like this! Why ? because i played (and 90% of my plays are 2p) this 2p and i'm not getting a 3rd player to play vikings! I hope there are some mechanics to make it "automatic" or something like that! or else i will have to pass
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Blessed Advent!
mbmbmbmb
MatildaMike wrote:

MM

Interesting. Does that then bring it up to a 6pp game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion name is Lethal Steel.

Photo on Facebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
MatildaMike wrote:

MM

Thank you for your imput.
I'm not really sure i like this! Why ? because i played (and 90% of my plays are 2p) this 2p and i'm not getting a 3rd player to play vikings! I hope there are some mechanics to make it "automatic" or something like that! or else i will have to pass

So you're asking for a way to automate the current automatic part of the game, that the expansion makes interactive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.