Battlestar Galactica» Forums » Variants

Subject: Treachery Card Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Myers
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Has anyone ever tried mixing the two Treachery decks together in a game? I feel like they both had really cool but different things to offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. We do.

The Daybreak treachery apparently has been designed to work with the base game and allows human players to overly manipulate the pursuit track while playing with the Cylon Fleet Board. (Or the destiny decks performs that by itself.)

A Better Machine and a few suitable crisis adding treachery into the destiny deck could also spin out of control more often than we liked.

So what we did was to add half of the treachery cards from the Pegasus expansion into the treachery deck. The average value of the cards remains about the same (for the purposes of destiny). The 1-valued cards count as zeroes for the Daybreak's reckless check (but only count as triggers for crisis cards if the check was made reckless).

Reckless cards now get some extra teeth, because both the skill-check-Reckless cards and the reckless check from Daybreak get triggered.

We like it.

(Should probably be in the Daybreak forums.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, we do it all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I made it so that the treachery deck is the same size as the other decks. It includes:

3x Exploit Weakness
3x Violent Outburst
4x Sabotage
4x Personal Vices
4x A Better Machine
2x Human Weakness
3x God's Plan
6x Dradis Contact
6x Bait

This combined deck makes treachery slightly less of a threat and a little bit more safe to make skill checks reckless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.