9 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: TS practice online rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Marques
msg tools
mb
Hello. I'm learning to play Twilight Struggle and enjoyed participating in online friendly games for practice. Does anyone know how to do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woods
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Buy Twilight Struggle on Steam and play it online against other people (or the AI if you're just learning).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Evans
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Steam version is great and well worth the $15.

If you want a freebie though, Vassal has a free TS module. Not sure how many people still play there. Go to http://www.vassalengine.org/, Install the vassalengine and then download the TS module.

You can also go to http://wargameroom.com/. They have a free TS module, but it is a little trickier to install than Vassal (but it is a little more stable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valentine

Texas
msg tools
mb
revans66 wrote:
You can also go to http://wargameroom.com/. They have a free TS module, but it is a little trickier to install than Vassal (but it is a little more stable).

I learned on wargameroom, but that's the hard way. It's not nearly as newbie friendly a way to learn the game as steam, mostly because the card language is not readily visible. The players there are also much more experienced in general, so you'll have a more difficult time finding an opponent near your level and likely speed of play (i.e. slow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferdinand,

I'm currently playing on Steam and if you care to have a game, let me know and I'll sign-up to play.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Marques
msg tools
mb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
Playing in Steam is nice because it allows you to choose a wide range of reflection time: from a few minutes to several days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hieronymus62 wrote:
Playing in Steam is nice because it allows you to choose a wide range of reflection time: from a few minutes to several days!

Or 45!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Wharton
msg tools
I was playing TS on Steam using my older iMac - it worked fine until about two weeks ago when it went into glacial speed mode. Has anyone else encountered this? I've tried reloading to no avail. The Playdek/Steam folks won't respond to my requests for help.

Thanks,

Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.