Memoir '44: Air Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Type of Planes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Have been looking around but couldn't find a list of the planes included in this pack.

As it's almost impossible to get, I want to get the planes individually and therefore would help to know what type of planes were originally included, along with any other miniatures included in the pack as well.

Also do most people find that 1/300 scale to be the best for the planes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added it to the game inventory: https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/thing:31638:moreinfo

The list is: Britain: Spitfire. US: P38, P40, Corsair. Japan: Zero. Germany: Storch, ME109. USSR: Yak-1/7/9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks this was just the info I was looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn Raider wrote:
Thanks this was just the info I was looking for.

Make sure to post links to any minis you find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald G
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance the Battle of Britain that is on kickstarter right now will be proper models for some of the Air Pack scenarios. Seems to good to pass up, if so.

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArchNME wrote:
Any chance the Battle of Britain that is on kickstarter right now will be proper models for some of the Air Pack scenarios. Seems to good to pass up, if so.

Don

Only the Spitfire and Me-109.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 109G, Comparing with 1/300 from NavWar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
I've added it to the game inventory: https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/thing:31638:moreinfo

The list is: Britain: Spitfire. US: P38, P40, Corsair. Japan: Zero. Germany: Storch, ME109. USSR: Yak-1/7/9.

And just so you are clear, the game uses one model for all three Yaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Checked out the Navwar site but they do seem to have some of the more popular planes missing from their site. Others I've looked at which vary in price,sold individually or as part of another game series:

Wings of War
Crimson Skies
Black Cross/Blue Sky
Axis & Allies
Zvezda

Of course the issue is that Memoir 44 soldiers are actually bigger than the game's armour so smaller planes may well work better but I guess that's individual opinion.

Another option is plastic vs printed paper/card planes which I've seen. The advantage of the latter is that you don't need to paint them and look pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try here

http://www.heroicsandros.co.uk

They have all the planes you will need. Even the Storch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
That site looks great and will investigate it more.

Also once I have the planes do I just need the Air Pack PDF from Days of Wonder or is there anything else I'm going to need?

When buying planes is it worth buying more than one type for example two spitfires instead of one or is that unnecessary for the scenarios?

Finally does anybody actually buy any additional aircraft to use with the game and custom incorporate them into the scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need just 1 of each aircraft.

I bought a J-88 for Red Barricades scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Williams
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered 2 of each plane from scotiagrendel.com minus the storch for about $15. In overlord scenarios I believe you can run two planes per side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.