Subject: another Descent storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I set out to build a custom insert for Descent I had three criteria.

It had to be inexpensive.

It had to be simple to build.

Most importantly, it had to organize the tiles in numerical sequence. Most storage solutions I have seen are very handy when it comes to organizing cards and tokens but the map tiles are typically just tossed into a compartment, so you still have to a lot of rummaging around.

Using materials from the scrap booking department of my local craft store, I made a binder for the tiles, which can now be sorted in numerical order. The binder sits on top a very simple 4-compartment insert that stores all the other bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keldar Ironshield
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Interesting idea. Looks like you couldn't get that many in each page though? Organization of parts is descents biggest challenge

I have my tiles in a storage bin separated by card stock paper broken up into sets of 10...seems to work fairly well but not perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
That is pretty clever.

I have started storing my tiles in zip-log bags of 5, so tiles 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc

It makes searching pretty easy since you can easily find the correct tile out of 5, and easily determine where in the set of bags the '50th' tile is going to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same, but also separated puzzles in the sheets, so I can have for example numbers 24, 25, 26 and 27 on one page and they don't move inside the sleeve, having each a separate space.
Of course I spent a whole day and then some making this stuff for all the 77 numbers I own (Mists of Bilehall are not out in Polish yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.