A House Divided» Forums » General

Subject: Union troubles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G J
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hello, i have been playing the game and it seems as if the confederacy keeps winning. None of our games have gone past 1862. Do you guys have any tips for playing as the union? Also, how different is the outcome of the war if you use the advanced rules? So far weve been playing with the basics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Concentrate your forces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The command table tends to help the confederates early, and the union later.

Supply can prevent weird shenanigans, and can slightly dull cavalry raiding' effectiveness for the CSA. I have not used advanced combat, as that seems like too much effort for not enough gain. Leaders are very powerful, Lee is a beast, but so is Grant. A wash.

Concentrate your armies, use naval moves whenever you can to disrupt the CSA rear areas. Stay alive and grind the CSA down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you are recruiting a Cav unit every turn if possible. You really need those to stop pesky jump moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Donovan
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiemaster22 wrote:
Hello, i have been playing the game and it seems as if the confederacy keeps winning. None of our games have gone past 1862. Do you guys have any tips for playing as the union? Also, how different is the outcome of the war if you use the advanced rules? So far weve been playing with the basics.

I think the cavalry raiding is a bit overpowered in the basic game. We usually play with the optional rule requiring either side to satisfy their victory conditions at the end of their opponent's turn. I think you will find this reigns in the cavalry raids nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.