Hide
3 Posts

RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940» Forums » Variants

Subject: Three Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin of Locksley
msg tools
Anyone got any good ideas about how this could be played with three players? My gaming group is usually three so I don't often get chance to play this amazing game.

I've seen someone talk about splitting the RAF up into 11 Group and 10/12 Group but I'm concerned that some raid days one player wouldn't have much to do. Appreciate any thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...that could work. Maybe make it so only one RAF player can win, if you can figure out how to keep track of their +/- separately. Maybe award the points based on the sector in which the combat/bombing occurs...? The aim would be to make them less likely to help one another's sectors. This might actually give the Luftwaffe a chance to win by breaking up the big wing approach, although, from memory, 11 Group could usually handle itself well enough. Hmmm...how about splitting it as:
10 Group + 1/11, 2/11 & 7/11
and
12 Group + 3/11, 4/11, 5/11 & 6/11
...not sure how to handle London deployments...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Blackwell
England
Rotherfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the 3rd player in charge of the Corpo Aereo Italiano....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.