Hide
21 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Digital Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R Cook
msg tools
Is there a digital version of this game or one being developed, does anybody know? Be good to have an easy to use platform with full rules enforcement for new players to play Async games / learn vs an AI opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bertwald wrote:
Is there a digital version of this game or one being developed, does anybody know? Be good to have an easy to use platform with full rules enforcement for new players to play Async games / learn vs an AI opponent.

Yep, Czech Games Edition is developing their own app for TtA. It should be released in 2016 for iOS and Android. Not sure about a PC/Mac version, but I think it was a possibility.

We're hoping to hook up with CGE at Gen Con next week and will, hopefully, get more info at that point. Watch here for more news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bertwald wrote:

You can also play the excellent implementation in Board gaming online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Turin - Milan
Piemonte - Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm quite sure that TTA App will be release next year in 2017. They are working now on the GT APP expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Cook
msg tools
Thanks All.

I'll definitely keep my eye out for the IOS app. I guess I can try the implementation on boardgamingonline, hopefully it's new player friendly .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bertwald wrote:
Thanks All.

I'll definitely keep my eye out for the IOS app. I guess I can try the implementation on boardgamingonline, hopefully it's new player friendly .

Well, it's perfect for async, fully rule-enforced, and very easy to use... assuming you know how to play. There are only two methods of input - click on cards to take them, and select all your other options from a drop-down menu.

I learnt to play on it, with a friend in contact via Skype, and I've played 95% of my games on there.

I have noticed, however, that some people I've played with who have an imperfect understanding of the rules can really bumble along for ages "playing" the game, without really understanding why certain things are happening. I don't recommend doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bertwald wrote:

BGO is pretty good, but Paul Grogan's Gaming Rules videos will help if you don't want to read through the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael mechila
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Neumannium wrote:
Bertwald wrote:

Yep, Czech Games Edition is developing their own app for TtA. It should be released in 2016 for iOS and Android. Not sure about a PC/Mac version, but I think it was a possibility.

We're hoping to hook up with CGE at Gen Con next week and will, hopefully, get more info at that point. Watch here for more news.

Hope you can bring us some news from CGE. The players have been waiting for TTA for a long time.....Thanks David!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's been promised and delayed for going on five years now. Don't hold your breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
It's been promised and delayed for going on five years now. Don't hold your breath.

Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE tweeted this yesterday about demo at Gen Con:

https://twitter.com/czechgames/status/760496165532078080

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BWHAHAHAHAH TTA APP coming out. Anyone remember how they said that it was absolutely , positively cross our fingers 150% going to come out Spring 2016? Yeah i'm voting this App/Software as Vaporware now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
V1 Rotate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada has been showing it off at Gencon so that's a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
BWHAHAHAHAH TTA APP coming out. Anyone remember how they said that it was absolutely , positively cross our fingers 150% going to come out Spring 2016? Yeah i'm voting this App/Software as Vaporware now.
Did you read the post above yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaafit wrote:
bearn wrote:

That means NOTHING. They had a working demo last year at Gencon and the year before that at Gencon and STILL the app isn't out. Oh and the designers who had the license before they picked it up had two working demos at Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:

No. Would you be so kind as to point us to where that was said?

bearn wrote:
jaafit wrote:
bearn wrote:

That means NOTHING. They had a working demo last year at Gencon and the year before that at Gencon and STILL the app isn't out. Oh and the designers who had the license before they picked it up had two working demos at Gencon.

You need to learn your history a bit better. Yes, there was a working demo app in prior years, and then they decided to revise the whole game for the New Story, and so the app had to be redone. There is a reason things are on the timeline they are currently on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
bearn wrote:

bearn wrote:
jaafit wrote:
bearn wrote:

You need to learn your history a bit better. Yes, there was a working demo app in prior years, and then they decided to revise the whole game for the New Story, and so the app had to be redone. There is a reason things are on the timeline they are currently on.

It was posted on their website and in videos from last years Gencon where they said it would be out in Spring 2016. I know my history of this App quite well considering i bought a device to play it on 5 years ago when it was first announced.

The revised edition was the previous year when they decided to scrap that one and put out the new version of the physical game TTA's. They then said the new app for that version would not be out last fall because of a new design. they further promised that that update IOS version would now absolutely come out in the spring of 2016.

Edited it to find the old Czech games link. Here is the one they posted after writing in a blog that it was 150% coming out Spring of 2016. I can no longer find that designer blog.

http://czechgames.com/en/home/news-15-10-05-galaxy-trucker-d...

I know Vlaada has stated they hope to get it out by the end of 2016 but their last update info says they re-coded it again and are a long way off yet to a polished and marketable version at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
grant5 wrote:
bearn wrote:

bearn wrote:
jaafit wrote:
bearn wrote:

It was posted on their website and in videos from last years Gencon where they said it would be out in Spring 2016. I know my history of this App quite well considering i bought a device to play it on 5 years ago when it was first announced.

The revised edition was the previous year when they decided to scrap that one and put out the new version of the physical game TTA's. They then said the new app for that version would not be out last fall because of a new design. they further promised that that update IOS version would now absolutely come out in the spring of 2016.

Edited it to find the old Czech games link. Here is the one they posted after writing in a blog that it was 150% coming out Spring of 2016. I can no longer find that designer blog.

http://czechgames.com/en/home/news-15-10-05-galaxy-trucker-d...

I know Vlaada has stated they hope to get it out by the end of 2016 but their last update info says they re-coded it again and are a long way off yet to a polished and marketable version at this point.

So let me get this straight. You understand very well why the old version was scrapped. So you know that anything pertaining to the old version is a moot point. And yet you keep harping on it, like it's somehow indicative of CGE's incompetence when it comes to releasing apps for games (totally ignoring that they've done this successfully for other games in the past, apparently).

If the app is out by then end of the year, that's what, six months late? That is NOTHING on the scale of video game release delays. Things happen in development, and that kind of delay is completely understandable.

Now I'm not saying everything will be perfect and it won't be delayed longer. I'm just saying your blatant pessimism and contempt are a bit premature and misplaced at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Turin - Milan
Piemonte - Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TTA App @GenCon2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghY52mP34tk

So the App is planned to be released this year 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Horscroft

Amaroo
Australia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe CGE meant southern hemisphere Spring 2016. That's still a couple of weeks away from starting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UtterMarcus wrote:
TTA App @GenCon2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghY52mP34tk

So the App is planned to be released this year 2016.

Take my money now!

I'll be curious to see which generations of iPads will be supported. I have a woefully old iPad 2. This might force me to finally upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.