Subject: Add Number of Plays to GeekBuddy Analysis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that there have been many previous suggestions on ways to improve the GeekBuddy feature. Some of them are actually higher on my wishlist, e.g. filtering out video games and RPGs when looking at overall ratings. Nonetheless, I'd like to suggest a change that should be easy to implement and would prove (for me at least) quite helpful: a number of plays column on the GeekBuddy Analysis display for any given game.

I understand that not everyone who rates or comments upon games records plays, but having that in mind would simply be part of the process when learning the tendencies of those on your list. I already know the tastes of my GeekBuddies pretty well, but having an indicator of their experience level for a particular game without having to go look for it would be nice.

The current display uses only four columns, and adding one labeled Plays would actually be slightly narrower than the thinnest currently in use (Rating). I think the resulting slight decrease in column width for Comment would be more than compensated for by the additional data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. I am generally happy with my GeekBuddy's commentary, but the extra info wouldn't hurt. Whether or there is a cost in extra database queries is possibly an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.