Hide
7 Posts

Sushi Go Party!» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Card Ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Quach
msg tools
I don't know where to post this so here it goes.

Some expansion cards for more variety since it is somewhat like dominion.

Someone else here had an idea for pickeled ginger. What if that card is a special like wasabi so there are 3 cards and it add 2 points to the rolls they are attached to.

Ex. Nigiri Cards: squid nigiri + pickled ginger: 3+2
Squid Nigiri + Wasabi+ Pickeled Ginger: 3 x 3= 9 + 2= 11

Temaki and Uramaki are competition cards so one card + Pickeled Ginger = + 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inky Bloc
msg tools
I don't understand; how is this different from just a Salmon Nigiri?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
msg tools
Well a Wasabi can only be paired with the next single nigiri of any of the three nigiris (Squid, Salmon or Egg) and it x3 the points of it.

A Salmon Nigiri is just 2 points and nothing else. With a wasabi its 6 points.

Maybe instead a Pickled Ginger would +2 to any single final total score of a sushi dish. Also you could not double stack two pickled ginger to any score.

So if 3 sashimi is 10 it could add 2pts once there is a set of 3?

So as an end of the round scoring it would be used.

It is not worth anything by itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inky Bloc
msg tools
But it's still just a straight 2 points that you can add to absolutely any set, making it indistinguishable from Salmon Nigiri (except it can't be tripled by Wasabi).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
msg tools
hmm... True. A Salmon nigiri is always 2 pts. A Pickeled ginger would have to be used to be 2 points. Hmmm as it stands it will always be used so it would be a Salmon Nigiri. Gotta tweek it some how.

Any other cool ideas on new cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Peddler
msg tools
mbmbmb
Remember, pickled ginger (gari) is used more like a palate cleanser between sushi dishes. Perhaps, it should be played (like chopsticks), and then once activated, the player would remove a card from their played cards and switch it for one that they want.
For example, let's say that I have played two sashimi and a pickled ginger. On my next turn, after revealing my card (let's say a tempura), I could activate my pickled ginger card and remove the tempura that I don't want. Next, I would declare the card that I want (a sashimi) and the one that I want to remove (the tempura). If someone has a sashimi and wants a tempura, you can trade with the person. The pickled ginger then, and only then, is worth a point value.
Or, perhaps it should be used for an end of round scoring. Like the example above, I have an incomplete set of two sashimi and a tempura. Before we remove all the cards from the table, I could activate my pickled ginger, and trade the tempura with anyone who has a sashimi. In this case, I don't think the pickled ginger would need a point value, as it could grant you large points with other cards. It would, of course, have a different colored background in order to grant points through soy sauce.
These are my ideas for it, and they probably aren't that great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmb
Can't think of the card stipulation right off the bat but again I say... Yum Yum Sauce!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.