5 Posts

Dominion: Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: Annex question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Wood

Ohio
msg tools
playing annex, I was a bit confused by the wording - "shuffle all but up to 5 cards from it into your deck." So in other words, you can take all cards in your discard pile until 5 are left and shuffle the selected cards into your deck.

So if I had 20 cards in my discard pile, I could select up to 15 cards (or less) and shuffle them into my deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodra wrote:
playing annex, I was a bit confused by the wording - "shuffle all but up to 5 cards from it into your deck." So in other words, you can take all cards in your discard pile until 5 are left and shuffle the selected cards into your deck.

So if I had 20 cards in my discard pile, I could select up to 15 cards (or less) and shuffle them into my deck?

Leave up to 5 cards in your discard pile. Shuffle the remaining 15-20 cards into your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
woodra wrote:

Not quite. If you have 20 cards in your discard pile, you must shuffle at least 15 of them into your deck. You may also shuffle 16, 17, 18, 19, or all 20. You're shuffling (all but [up to 5]) of them into your deck, meaning you may choose up to 5 cards not to shuffle in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Given how much clearer it would be, I'm guessing that "Look through your discard pile. Shuffle as many cards as you like from it into your deck." was tried and turned out to be too powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
clivej wrote:
Given how much clearer it would be, I'm guessing that "Look through your discard pile. Shuffle as many cards as you like from it into your deck." was tried and turned out to be too powerful?

I didn't try anything like that for Annex. I had a Hinterlands outtake with a similar when-gain ability, and just copied it over. Hinterlands of course ended up with Inn.

Edit: Oh actually, I did test "pick your next hand" as an Event in Empires - no Duchy, not exactly related to Annex. And it didn't work out, it was nuts and did not seem worth pursuing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.