Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan-Fredrik Wahlin
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mb
Two rule clarifications.

1. If I land on a planet after my move and use it's ability. Do I get to use the ability of the planet om my next turn. Or is it only upon landing on the planet?

2. Say I am in orbit of a planet. The other player moves ship and comes to the planet I am on orbits "with me". Then uses ex. 2 diplomacy to colonize. I follow each one. Who aquires the planet? Is it the player who's turn it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffawahha wrote:
Two rule clarifications.

1. If I land on a planet after my move and use it's ability. Do I get to use the ability of the planet om my next turn. Or is it only upon landing on the planet?

2. Say I am in orbit of a planet. The other player moves ship and comes to the planet I am on orbits "with me". Then uses ex. 2 diplomacy to colonize. I follow each one. Who aquires the planet? Is it the player who's turn it is?

1. I believe you can only use the ability the once, it is triggered when you land. To use it again you would need to fly back to your own galaxy and return.

2. The person who moved first would obtain the planet as they colonised first. The second player followed and was too late to colonise as it has already been colonised.

What a great game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Fredrik Wahlin
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mb
kenzie316 wrote:
jaffawahha wrote:
Two rule clarifications.

1. I believe you can only use the ability the once, it is triggered when you land. To use it again you would need to fly back to your own galaxy and return.

2. The person who moved first would obtain the planet as they colonised first. The second player followed and was too late to colonise as it has already been colonised.

What a great game though.

Thank you Austin. That is clear enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be even more clear if we go step by step:

1. Anne does a Move a Ship onto the same colonization track as you.
2. You follow and move some other ship.
3. She then does Advance Colonization on your track.
4. You could follow, and advance on that same track, but if you are not ahead of her, that is wasteful, as we see in the next step. You could advance another ship, though.
5. She then does Advance Colonization again and takes the planet. Your ship goes home.
6. You could follow, with some other ship, on some other planet.

If your ship were ahead of Anne's on a colonization track, though, you would finish first, as long as you followed each time you could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.