7,582 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be possible to continue a career from 'The Hunters' using the same boat and crew, or some other variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the answer: yes.

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-590-the-hunted-twilight-of-the-u-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Marcus,

Fear not, there are rules for combining the two games. It's reasonably simple, also.

I figured I'd be shot if I didn't do this And I'm sure somebody will survive the entire war...eventually.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't even Survived a complete career in Hunters yet. Closest was homebound Bay of Biscay on the last patrol in 43. Anger was felt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder that no U-boat commander ever did more than 16 patrols. Some were transferred after only two or three. 75% of real U-boat commanders survived the war. BdU seems to have had some sort of system in place whereby they transferred commanders to a desk job after they had completed a number of patrols. The crews, of course, weren't so lucky - they did have to survive the entire war (which is why only 20% of crewmen survived.

For those who are frustrated by the difficulty of getting a commander to survive in the game, I suggest using at least a couple of the rules in the Historical Mega Module (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101913/beerys-historical-...), specifically these:

[11.5] (new rule) COMMANDER REASSIGNMENT
On completing the 5th patrol and on completion of every patrol thereafter, immediately after completing all requirements in (11.3), roll 1d6. If the result is a 1, the commander retires from front line duty. After the 16th patrol, the player may voluntarily reassign his commander (no U-boat commander did more than 16 patrols).

[11.5.1] Victory conditions (see 5.2.2) for any commander who is reassigned after completing fewer than 10 patrols should be adjusted as follows:
DEFEAT: Average of 0-4,999 tons sunk per patrol.
DRAW: Average of 5,000-9,999 tons sunk per patrol.
MARGINAL VICTORY: Average of 10,000-14,999 tons sunk per patrol.
SUBSTANTIAL VICTORY: Average of 15,000-19,999 tons sunk per patrol.
DECISIVE VICTORY: Average of 20,000+ tons sunk per patrol.

This should give a less depressing end to most careers, as well as pro-rating the victory conditions to get a meaningful result after a short career.

The module also contains randomized start dates for career starts throughout the war. Everything in the module is set up for careers throughout the war, so it should work with The Hunted as well as The Hunters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

For what it's worth, I've looked at Ian's Mega Module and I think it's worth the download for the serious Hunters players. Not all of it will be for everybody, but everybody should find one or two interesting parts of it (at least) to enhance their gameplay. Plus, he does nice research Historically very well done.

Kudos Ian, if I haven't said that before publicly

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.