6 Posts

Elder Sign: Omens of Ice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the Expedition Camp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just something I couldn't quite work out in regards to spending trophies: it says on the Investigator Turn Order card, first point 2d: If successfully resolved, move to the Expedition Camp. And then on point 3a: If on the Expedition Camp, you may spend trophies for various effects.

Does this mean I can complete an adventure card, move back to the Camp and then spend the trophies just earned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The Expedition Card is very different than the earlier Elder Sign "start cards." Note too that you can exchange trophies to benefit other investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Brilliant, thanks. I didn't do that this time, probably why I lost so horribly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Expedition camp is designed to not take up too much of your valuable investigation time, while also providing a nice place to help your friends who are down on their luck. In theory this will keep everyone in the game, rather than having the effect of one Investigator getting all the items and trophies. While others sit with nothing and are unable to get stuff to help them complete Adventures and actually get stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
The Expedition camp is designed to not take up too much of your valuable investigation time, while also providing a nice place to help your friends who are down on their luck. In theory this will keep everyone in the game, rather than having the effect of one Investigator getting all the items and trophies. While others sit with nothing and are unable to get stuff to help them complete Adventures and actually get stuff.
I'm a fan of ES, but this is the one aspect of the game that I've always felt needed attention: it really rankles that in a co-op game there's a "the rich get richer..." effect - it can be so bad that you can view it as a "runaway leader" issue. It's not too bad when playing solo, but with other players at the table it truly sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't think the base game or Unseen Forces did enough to amplify the co-op effect of the game. Sometimes it felt like you were all just on a solo adventure in the same place, but did little to actually work togethe. I tried to introduce more co-op elements in Gates of Arkham and Omens of Ice, but you can only do so much in expansions when the base game is designed with other things in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.