8 Posts

Defenders of the Last Stand» Forums » General

Subject: KS Additional Adventure Cards ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cthulhu Hunter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Adventure cards are all thematic encounters characters have during the game. The 12 additional cards give 4 additional locations on the board where Adventures can appear (increasing the places where you can have an Adventure from 6 different locations up to 10) and add a little more variety to the available encounters you can have.

Deal maker or breaker? No. But both the added KS characters and Adventures do add a bit more to the game, and are definitely worth having if you can get them for a reasonable price. I am glad I have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cam27 wrote:
The Adventure cards are all thematic encounters characters have during the game. The 12 additional cards give 4 additional locations on the board where Adventures can appear (increasing the places where you can have an Adventure from 6 different locations up to 10) and add a little more variety to the available encounters you can have.

Deal maker or breaker? No. But both the added KS characters and Adventures do add a bit more to the game, and are definitely worth having if you can get them for a reasonable price. I am glad I have them.
are they avail anywhere? thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you order the game direct from 8th Summit (and pay full retail), they include both the KS extras (Rangers and Adventure cards). I have not heard if the KS extras will be available separately.

I highly recommend getting the KS extras if possible. The additional 4 Rangers add great variety, and having more Adventure cards/locations keeps that part of the game feeling fresh through more plays. You'll likely only see a few Adventure cards per game, so if at some time in the future you could get the KS extras and had to choose only one, I'd get the extra Rangers first. But both KS extras add materially to the game, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo the others and recommend getting the Kickstarter extras. 8th Summit always sells them, so I'm sure they'll be available if they aren't already.

Just to directly answer your question though, I mixed in everything at the start and honestly don't know what's base and what's KS. It's all good content and the encounters add a fun element to it. Get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd already pre-ordered the game, and it arrives later today...so getting direct from them is not an option (for me)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest adding the Kickstarter cards to the potential Adventure expansion Richard Launius mentioned in one of his posts if the expansion ever gets made. That way the cards, like the heroes, are only an early preview for KS backers.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to advocate larger quest cards the size of the mission cards. It would allow for proper paragraphs (making it easier to sort out who's speaking in some stories) and provide room for longer stories or more involved quests - or just a larger font size for the middle-aged and older gamers out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Król
msg tools
mb
And it also is out of stock on their website, so yea, getting it from them is not an option.

On the other hand, being out of stock is good, right? It means the game sold, and we can hope for expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.