Subject: Buying from a Merchant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the game and drew a blue merchant during a story quest. One entry says draw a blue card. The price is a question mark. The card I drew does not have a price. How much does the card cost?

Thanks, unable to find the answer to this. Suspect it's there somewhere but I can't find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you drew a blue item? And it has no price? Which item? Usually the price is the higher of the two numbers on the item card. The reason the price has a ? on the merchant card is that it doesn't know which item you'll draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
So you drew a blue item? And it has no price? Which item? Usually the price is the higher of the two numbers on the item card. The reason the price has a ? on the merchant card is that it doesn't know which item you'll draw.

Ironwood Armor. There is no range line, or buy price, or sell price. The second card was Amber, which was similar. The third card did have a price. So some do and some don't. At least so it seems.

On a related point, if I finish this story quest (looks good so far, but I'm new so maybe I'll get clobbered on the last tile), the instructions call for modifying the draw bag (OK I understand this) and drawing a treasure token. Then I get a title and can keep one item (per player presumably since they both achieved the result). But why draw a treasure if the game wants you to discard all but one item. Seems a little counter-intuitive.

It also wants you to discard potions and money but I'm inclined to ignore that. Starting so totally from scratch seems a bit nutty, at least until I see myself getting too much treasure. Keeping a few gold coins and a potion or two seems better to me (call it a house rule). I suspect this is to slow progression for frequent players but until I achieve that I'd like to progress faster.

Any comments on the blue card or the rationale for drawing treasure just before discarding it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may draw a better item to keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both those are unique items specific to the Spriggan character and not meant to be placed in the item deck. You will gain them by upgrading the Spriggans hero deck with new Novice cards.

The Spriggan is the only one that can equip those items by Conjuring them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Ironwood Armor. There is no range line, or buy price, or sell price. The second card was Amber, which was similar. The third card did have a price. So some do and some don't. At least so it seems.
Those are specific items for the Spriggan character. You should take those out and give them to the player playing the Spriggan (if you have one).

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I will take those out. And I figured out one of my problems. I was confusing an act of a story quest with the story quest. The draw was after act 1 of 3 so drawing an item was still useful for act 2 and 3.

I guess in general the solution is to keep drawing cards till you get one with a price since it's probably the case that I have other stuff shuffled in there too. I do have the spriggan but no-one is playing him at the moment (I'm just messing around learning the rules).

Apparently the second act is slaughterfield (which isn't my favorite concept but I'll give it a go).

How do you guys keep track of the story between acts. Is there a special form for doing it, or just a piece of scratch paper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.