Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I've been reading and re reading the rule book and I think I get the most of the rules but for some reason i cannot understand the following part under the production.

If a player decides to produce in the last game round and in a factory that was already active in an earlier cycle, he places the worker that had been placed on that factory marker back to its regular spot in the first production row. Production then begins.

1) what is this worker that had been placed on the factory marker.. and why is it placed there? I can only see under the factory obsolescence that you place worker in the factory marker..

2)back to its regular spot in the first production row.. so do you move workers from the first production row to the factory marker to indicate that factory had produced? why is this done? I thought it was pretty straight forward as only factory produces normally in its cycle.. why need to move workers to the factory marker?

I know i'm missing something here.. but just can't find the answer. Thanks for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
afaik in waterframe you can produce with factories that are not part of the current production cycle, I'm assuming it's to make this clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the rules regarding hiring workers. I believe you must indicate any factories where you hire workers after the factory has already been active in the last decade. If you choose not to have this factory produce using the production action, there is a penalty I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for quick reply! now it makes sense! i knew I was missing something here. ALso now that ed game penalty for each factory that still has a worker makes sense too.

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a special case that we had to handle and I apologize for causing misunderstandings in the rules.

The reason is that someone could take workers from the board to create artificial demand by placing those workers to factories that are already out of the game in the last decade, because their production cycle is already done. In Spinning Jenny it is simple forbidden to employ workers there. But in Waterframe it is possible to employ workers for factories that have already produced and use (and pay) them in the next cycle.

To keep track of that you must move a worker from that early factory, for example food factory, out of the first production row to the factory marker. That reminds you that you have taken workers to this factory and by regular rule you would not pay for them. In other words you promise to pay them by using the production action marker in the next turn(s). If you keep your promise, you move the worker back to his regular space, produce and pay the wages - everything is fine. If you do not produce in that factory until the game ends you have to take the penalty.

All in all: if you just use straight production, you may ignore all these rules, but it may be an escape path for increasing or missed (food) contracts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.