2 Posts

Goons of New York 1901» Forums » General

Subject: Suzanne Saint-Pierre based on a real person? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
I tend to look up the names found in games I'm interested in to see if any seemingly made-up characters are based on historical persons. Sam Malone and Wilfred Twain didn't seem to bring up anything noteworthy, but Suzanne's name yielded very interesting results.

Suzanne St. Pierre is a present day NYC real estate lawyer who brokers deals for huge construction projects and real estate investments. Her partner profile on her firm's site lists ventures involving some very recognizable city landmarks, including...the Flatiron Building!

So, did the designers get real-world inspiration for this name, or just a wild coincidence? You decide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Hahaha, we are not intentionally making any allusions to modern day real estate lawyers, but I'm impressed by your research! Our inspiration was Stephanie St. Clair, who was not so much a mob boss herself, as she was known for affiliating with and standing up to mob bosses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_St._Clair
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.