GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 113.81

6,966 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Paul Wilkins
New Zealand
flag msg tools
When you fly in to a rival ship's sector and get the Legitimate Tip card, and the both of you are outlaws, what happens when the Alliance Cruiser is moved to your sector?

Are all ships affected by the cruiser? Everyone except for the ship giving the tip? Does the person to the right choose which ship is affected?

Has this been covered in any of the manuals or FAQs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card moves the cruiser to a sector, not necessarily yours, with an Outlaw Ship in it, and you get $500.

Then the normal rules apply: all Outlaw Ships in that sector have a Cruiser Encounter, just as if it had moved there randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wilkins
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thanks. The player was wanting to move it to the sector of a rival outlaw ship, that just so happened to be in the same sector as him.

He was trying to argue that he was immune due to having been the one that gave the tip. I'm glad that the encounter occurs to all ships as per normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
in the episode "Ariel", Jayne tips off the Alliance on the whereabouts of Simon and River, and Agent McGinness proceeds to arrest Jayne along with the Tams.

I'd say the same thing happens with the "Legitimate Tip" in this scenario, since there is nothing on the card text that indicates otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
in the episode "Ariel", Jayne tips off the Alliance on the whereabouts of Simon and River, and Agent McGinness proceeds to arrest Jayne along with the Tams.

I'd say the same thing happens with the "Legitimate Tip" in this scenario, since there is nothing on the card text that indicates otherwise.

Totally agree with you here.

All Outlaw Ships in that sector have an encounter with the Cruiser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmw57 wrote:
He was trying to argue that he was immune due to having been the one that gave the tip. I'm glad that the encounter occurs to all ships as per normal.

"Tell it to the Judge."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Look, Mal, if I arrest all the others and not you, it's obvious who gave the tip-off, right? Just go along with it for now, we'll pull you out before the trial."

(cut to)

"Welcome to Prison World 17. I hope you have a truly miserable day."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.