8 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Transform Legacy into pandemie subsequent to campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobi Eb
msg tools
Hi everybody,

I just received my copy of Pandemic Legacy and only played basic Pandemie once so far. Regarding my following question and plan I need the spoilerfree feedback of you guys that finished the complete Pandemic Legacy campaign.

My goal is to use the content from the Legacy box to play the standard Pandemie once my group finished the campaign by any chance. I do not want to playthrough the campaign once more so it would be ok if it is not possible to use the stickers again e.g. but I want to play endless Pandemie games right after finishing the campaign. As I want to play Pandemie with even new players I do want to avoid iritation based on transformation of board, cards, characters, etc. (Stickers etc. inside the Rulebook would be ok I guess, as it is a thing I should be awared of as "game master" in fact). As I am for sure not be introduced yet to all the permanent and influencing Legacy effects I do not know how far my ideas should turn, to cover and prevent all permanent changes. My ideas so far:

1. put all country cards into sleeves. If we have to add some notes onto a card, put some stickers on, etc I can simply refresh the cards afterwards by unsleeving them. Cards/characters to destroy could be stored away instead for sure

2. put the stickers made for the board onto small common magnetic cubes and attach magnetics onto the shown spaces beside the countries to plug in and out all the permanent markers. Once campaign has finished I can simply disasamble all "tokens" and receive a empty board just with a single modification of magnets that will not be used anymore (despite of house rules maybe)

So no its up to you Pandemie/c experts. Things I forgot, or things I would not cover that way? Feel frree to comment or discuss with me ;-)

Kind regards, Tobias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You would have to sleeve your player deck too. And indeed, destroyed cards could just be put aside.

2. In my experience, the stickers come off the board quite easily, so not much of a problem there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Note that there are slight differences between Pandemic and Pandemic Legacy. The connections on the board are a little different, you get different characters and some of the rules aren't exactly the same.

You can fix those up, I guess, but be aware.

Also, be careful not to spend more than $25 on being able to use Pandemic Legacy as a $25 game once you're done. And remember to put a value on your time, and that of your other players, when making the calculation. It might be simpler just to buy a Pandemic set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Caviris
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I know that the website for pandemic used to sell an upgrade kit for players who had the first edition but wanted to use expansions from the second edition. It was just all the cards from the base game. I'm not sure if they still sell it. I think the price was about $5 or $10. If you can get that, then all you'd have to do (I think) is get the stickers off the board and you have a regular pandemic game with a slightly different board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I'd pay $25 and also get the more compact board with the original connections, the right pawns, and the more conveniently sized box. Pandemic is, what, a quarter of the volume of Pandemic Legacy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
Thank you for pinting out the differences of Pandemie and Pandemic I´ve not been awared of so far. Guess the city connections may change the game a bit but would be fine for me, different characters (guess the Pandemic Legacys characters are not that strong as the Pandemie ones at least in the beginning as they are able to learn new abilities during the legacy campaign) and other basic rules could be a problem indeed. do you have some details here? As we are talking about the basic characters this is spoilerfree luckily

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
Yeah you are all right, I should not put to much effort into this "project" as the standard pandemie comes with costs of just 25 bucks and a fourth of space is needed after all. ;-) I never heard about this conversion / upgrade kit to use the available expansions from Pandemie even at Pandemic legacy once the campaign is finished ;-) Any links?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'conversion kit' is just decks of cards for owners of the 1st edition of Pandemic and On The Brink so they're compatible with the new expansions. It wouldn't help you here much at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.