Hide
4 Posts

Takenoko» Forums » General

Subject: Could somebody help me figure out what version I have? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. CruesliPants
msg tools

I have an English version of the game, but I'm not sure which. The product code (under the barcode) is
STAK-001/2016-01/FRN-046

but that doesn't really get me anywhere as it's not mentionend in list of versions. Any help?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a new 2016 edition, you can submit it as a version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno if there's a list that can help you identify it by the barcode. It'd be more helpful if you describe what you got, as there are some details that changed from one version to another.

Does it come in a rectangular or square box?

Is the panda figure the older, more angular and "looking down" version? Or the more rounded and "looking up" panda? (check te gallery to see some examples)

Is the gardener figure tilling the ground? or standing up with the rake straight up?

Do the terrain objective cards have a blue stick in the upper corner? or a waterdrop on each hex?

And does it have some award badge(s) printed on the cover? (i.e. golden geek 2012)

Those are way more useful to pinpoint the version around here unless we have a distributor or store owner that can check the barcode in an order catalog, or something like that.

(Edit: I hadn't seen the date on the code, maybe it is a newer version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. CruesliPants
msg tools
Thanks for your thoughtful help. It might indeed be a newer version, I just obtained it this week from Amazon. For now I'll wait and see whether someone else has this version, I don't feel confident enough to update BGG with the version I have. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.