28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Burns
msg tools
Hey guys, got the kickstarter and just wondered what people would suggest for storage as it takes up a lot of one of the board game shelf so I am hoping to condense it down into one box.

Any suggestions are welcome, I am thinking I am going to need to either make my own or invest in something like a KR case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing to consider is paint. If you are painting your minis, then you may want to store them a little more securely so they don't bang against each other and rub the paint off.

I on the other hand have not painted my minis, so I removed the plastic inserts of several of the boxes, and simply put all the minis together. I have 1 box for the Heroes, 1 for Deadeyes, 1 for all NPCs, 1 for all Aboms, 1 for all standard Zombies (Walkers, Runners & Fatties).

Alternatively, there is a Kickstarter going on right now for a game storage unit. I was considering getting in on it specifically to store my Zombicide stuff... but the shipping to Canada is insane, so I abandoned it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/game-ovations/bitbox-sp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Franke
Germany
Wildeshausen
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.feldherr.com/transporter-mit-2-lbbg-lagerboxen-f...

I have some of their products in use and must say they are great and relatively cheap compared to Battle Foam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic food containers in the shipping box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
The BitBox thing is interesting looking, but I agree that the "Canada Friendly Shipping" label seems... optimistic, perhaps? Honestly, other than US shipping, they all look pretty high.

Thanks for pointing it out, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1610503/single-container-sto...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Courneya
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I managed to fit everything into the core box and Wulfsburg after removing the plastic inserts. In the core box I have: the heroes, some dashboards and all the tokens/cards in the brown box it came with, with all the tiles underneath. Wulfsburg: The remaining dashboards and all the zombies with room to spare for archers and crows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is essentially what I do. Since I'm a Kicstarter backer with all of the survivors, I use this Plano product https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E39T5K/ to hold my survivors (at least the ones that fit). My GF and I play random survivors a lot and storing them in the Plano case makes them easier to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Race D
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my BP KS this week since I had it shipped to an alternate address so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting stolen from my doorstep. I haven't gotten around to the storage solution yet but I plan to tomorrow.

For Zombicide S2+ TCM KS pledge and S3 retail I had success fitting everything into the original 3 boxes (S2, TCM, S3) using Two Plano 23630-01
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKVC/?tag=article-bo.... For the TCM box I had a slightly smaller plano box since I had some tiles in there. For BP I ordered two plano 23630-01's and I'm going to see how it goes. I had the full knight pledge plus three addons (NPC#2, Crows and deadeye).

The BitBox mobile thing does look interesting. My biggest frustration with zombicide is the amount of time it takes to set-up and clean-up. If my Plano solution doesn't work out for BP then I might explore the bitbox.

I'll follow-up with how the plano works for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of interesting ways people have stored these things - I suggest looking through these forums and related ones (r/zombicide on reddit) for ideas.

I'm currently waiting for the Battle Foam inserts I ordered for ZBP to arrive - they had a 4th of July sale which effectively was 'free shipping' to get them. I'm planning on painting my figures, so getting a nice soft container sounds good.

Alternately, there's the Broken Token folks who do box inserts - that may work too.

And then there's folks who get fishing/toolbox containers which have lots of dividers to fit in the pieces.

Whatever you choose, come back and let us know what you ended up doing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
Even though I don't paint, I bought a couple of the Feldherr [geekurl=https://www.feldherr.net/en/foam-tray-value-set-for-zombicide-black-plague/a-56056/]Foam Trays[/geekurl] to help store things in the two big boxes. Granted I've sold some of the extras to help it fit. The Core box holds everything I need for a typical game. The tiles, the basic zombies (sold 2 fatties that wouldn't fit), 6 dashboards, all of the tokens, and my favorite dozen or so heroes. Wulsburg has the extra stuff. The Wulfs, the heroes I'm less fond of, the few NPC zombies I have left, the extra dashboards & pegs, the rulebooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
Even though I don't paint, I bought a couple of the Feldherr [geekurl=https://www.feldherr.net/en/foam-tray-value-set-for-zombicide-black-plague/a-56056/]Foam Trays[/geekurl] to help store things in the two big boxes. Granted I've sold some of the extras to help it fit. The Core box holds everything I need for a typical game. The tiles, the basic zombies (sold 2 fatties that wouldn't fit), 6 dashboards, all of the tokens, and my favorite dozen or so heroes. Wulsburg has the extra stuff. The Wulfs, the heroes I'm less fond of, the few NPC zombies I have left, the extra dashboards & pegs, the rulebooks.

Wow, I'd never heard of Feldherr before, but now I'm interested in trying out their foam. What's the quality on them? The price looks lower than Battle Foam, but of course the shipping is much higher...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Franke
Germany
Wildeshausen
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Feldherr foam is like the KR Multicase one. It is softer than Battle Foam but the quality is very good and here in Germany it is very very cheap to get.

They started to to special custom foam for some Boardgames and so that they fit into the game boxes which I really like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Race D
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
redeux wrote:
I just received my BP KS this week since I had it shipped to an alternate address so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting stolen from my doorstep. I haven't gotten around to the storage solution yet but I plan to tomorrow.

For Zombicide S2+ TCM KS pledge and S3 retail I had success fitting everything into the original 3 boxes (S2, TCM, S3) using Two Plano 23630-01
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKVC/?tag=article-bo.... For the TCM box I had a slightly smaller plano box since I had some tiles in there. For BP I ordered two plano 23630-01's and I'm going to see how it goes. I had the full knight pledge plus three addons (NPC#2, Crows and deadeye).

The BitBox mobile thing does look interesting. My biggest frustration with zombicide is the amount of time it takes to set-up and clean-up. If my Plano solution doesn't work out for BP then I might explore the bitbox.

I'll follow-up with how the plano works for me.

To follow-up, here's how it turned out. I ended up needing 3 plano containers due to the extras I had. Maybe could've fit everything into two if I didn't have deadeyes, crows and NPC-2. With the third plano container I just put that into the pullout box from the BP box. Not absolutely necessary as the plano could've just stood alone, but I liked the uniform sizes of the boxes.

BP storage post is here: http://imgur.com/a/rEkEe

Box 1 (BP original box): tiles from original and expansion, rule books, 6 survivor boards, survivors, character cards, item and spawn deck cards and all tokens. Note that the character cards had to be split up due to the number of them. They sit diagonally and stacking too many results in them being pushed up by the plano when closed.

Box 2 (Wolf original box): Walkers, fatties, runners, wolves, aboms and wolf-boms and some bosses.

Box 3 (BP pullout box): Necromancers, some bosses, deadeyes, crows and NPC's in this box. Dice tower, though I usually use a felt dice box made out of a 9x9x1.5" shadow box.

You'll notice the last picture has a guest box and Hero-Box 1 there. The Guest box has all my extra language character, zombie and item cards in there. Hero Box-1 has 6 player boards in it. Both boxes won't be used when playing the game.

and if anyone is interested in my Original Zombicide storage solution for the KS S2+TCM pledge and S3 then that post is here: http://imgur.com/a/IojGP
I think I'm much happier with the original zcide storage but I think that's just because I have a lot more stuff fitting into everything. For BP I still have plenty of room for expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Piorkowski
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I have used the Go7Gaming inserts for Imperial Assault. I really like them. They have one for Black Plague as well. Just not excited about it as they have you lumping all the figs in trays verses separate compartments like the IA one.

Go7Gaming does say that if you get the two inserts you will be able to fit everything from the kickstarter in the Black Plague core box and the Wulfsberg Box. Might be a little pricey for some at $42.99 x2 but I myself like the wooden inserts. I am sure I will get around to ordering a pair if the inserts.

http://go7gaming.com/product/zbp-001-insert-for-zombicide-bl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up, I've gotten the battle foam inserts for ZBP, and I'm pretty happy with them on the whole. I've fit in the six heroes, the zombies, and the extra zombies from the kickstarter exclusives, except for the NPC extra zombies, which I'll probably end up storing with the NPC box eventually. Some of the zombies are doubled-up in the larger slots, though.

The box doesn't entirely close with the foam inserts in, but it's still mostly closed. (and that is as advertised)

I could probably fit in more zombies by using a tray that stuffs them together, but I really do intend to paint them, so a storage solution that keeps them neat and tidy appeals to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DemanKnght wrote:
I have used the Go7Gaming inserts for Imperial Assault. I really like them. They have one for Black Plague as well. Just not excited about it as they have you lumping all the figs in trays verses separate compartments like the IA one.

Go7Gaming does say that if you get the two inserts you will be able to fit everything from the kickstarter in the Black Plague core box and the Wulfsberg Box. Might be a little pricey for some at $42.99 x2 but I myself like the wooden inserts. I am sure I will get around to ordering a pair if the inserts.

Did they say how that would work? Wolfsburg is markedly shorter than Black Plague so you can't fit half the insert into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
msg tools
I was planning on painting them but I have a lot to paint up first.

But for now I might just condense them all down not using the plastic inserts.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
DemanKnght wrote:

Did they say how that would work? Wolfsburg is markedly shorter than Black Plague so you can't fit half the insert into the box.

Bobby@Go7 here.

We have a blog posting up on our site (front page, scroll down) discussing ZBP storage options. If you just have ZBP+Wulfs retail, you only need one insert in the ZBP base box. If you have that and Kickstarter extras, we have another insert for Wulfsburg, as well as smaller inserts for the smaller boxes. The average KS backer will require two inserts for the two big boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
msg tools
Bobby do you know if this holds everything from the knights pledge in both boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathwolf669 wrote:
Bobby do you know if this holds everything from the knights pledge in both boxes?

You would need a ZBP-001, ZBP-002, + ZBP-003. The -003 handles the large minis (you won't have the bosses, obviously). Also, note the what can't be stored in our solution:

* more than eight (8) player dashboards. The ZBP-001 can store eight dashboards / nine if you leave the top off the dashboard tray.
* KS dice tower

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
msg tools
Na will cost too much for postage so shall have to use the laser cutter at work to create something for myself. If I get around to it I will post it up but I will want something to protect my heroes and bosses if I paint them up so will need to incorporate some padding into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathwolf669 wrote:
If I get around to it I will post it up but I will want something to protect my heroes and bosses if I paint them up so will need to incorporate some padding into it.

Definitely post pictures. It's always interesting to see other solutions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro TALLONETE
Italy
flag msg tools
this is my storage solutions:

in the core box: cards, deck holders (selfmade), survivors cards and dashboards, dice, dice tower, game summary A5 format;

in the wulfsburg box: tiles, vaults, and a selfmade box to throw the dice;

for the miniatures this is my simply solution. The plastic miniatures have a great advantage, painting is not subject to the friction as for the metal miniatures so for the zombies all togheter in a plastic case, divided for type. For the survivors in a little plastic case where are two for space with alphabeticals labels. A great economy of space and time....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathwolf669 wrote:
Hey guys, got the kickstarter and just wondered what people would suggest for storage as it takes up a lot of one of the board game shelf so I am hoping to condense it down into one box.

Any suggestions are welcome, I am thinking I am going to need to either make my own or invest in something like a KR case.

Firefly workshop on etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFireflyWorkshop

says they are going to do a comprehensive solution soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.