5,064 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
31.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent a good amount of time last night rummaging through the app store trying to find a good fit, but didn't come up with anything. I need some sort of life counter that makes it easy to set different starting values for both "players". For example, I got Star Realms recently, and for the solo game, you start with a different amount of life than your opponent (the pirates or nemesis beast). Most of the apps I found allow you to set a starting value, but it uses this value for both players.

If there's one that lets you set different default starting amounts for when you press the "new game" button, that would be ideal, but as long as you can quickly type in starting amounts with the keyboard, that's fine too.

Also, I'd like something that has +/- 5 or 10 buttons, in addition to +/- 1 buttons. Some games have you dealing (or healing) 10+ damage in a turn, and mashing -1 that many times can get tedious, not to mention slightly more error prone.

Anybody know of anything good? I don't want anything ad-supported, but I'm fine with paying a couple of bucks for something well made. Or do I just need to resort to a cribbage board, abacus, one of my programmable calculators, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Cribbage Board Pro by Spire Software. It says Pro, but it is free. It tracks 4 counters simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the Epic Score Keeper App put out by White Wizards themselves. I use it for epic and star realms.

It will let you set starting life values (same values) for up to 8 players and can go +/- 1 with a tap or +/- 5 with a swipe.

Only negative that I've encountered is that 99 is the highest it will go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mls5stokes wrote:
Get the Epic Score Keeper App put out by White Wizards themselves. I use it for epic and star realms.

It will let you set starting life values (same values) for up to 8 players and can go +/- 1 with a tap or +/- 5 with a swipe.

Only negative that I've encountered is that 99 is the highest it will go.

Looks pretty good. I didn't realize it could do +/- 5 by swiping. I think the flipped "player 2" count would be the biggest nuisance for solo play. Probably worth keeping this one around, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
I think the flipped "player 2" count would be the biggest nuisance for solo play.

Just tested this out. If you set it to 4 players, you can have two of the life totals on the same side for solo/team play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found one that works reasonably well:

TCG Life Points Counter
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tcg-life-points-counter/id11...

It doesn't let you set different starting values for each player, but having +1, +5, and +10 buttons makes it very quick to tap out the correct value. Works in portrait or landscape orientations, and can be used for 2 to 4 players. Life count is allowed to go negative, so you can see just how badly you rampaged your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.