45.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone else intending to paint the minis.

I've never done Greek Miniatures before, so if anyone has any useful guidance to colours that would be great.

Also how will you distinguish between the factions. At the moment I think I will paint the bases the colours (ie Yellow, red, blue and Purple) and maybe the plumes on the helmets as well as the shields.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Try something like this for colour references / inspiration:
http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/ancients/world-greeks/

I would go with having the bases, shields and plumes all match the faction colour (although I haven't seen the shield stickers yet - the choice of shield colour may be dependent on making those stand out nicely)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Gary

Since my post i did a bit of googling (Greek hoplite images) and it suggest that coloured shields would be fairly authentic. I don't intend to go the fully realism route, but nice to know that it's not totally inaccurate.

For the the Triremes I will paint them as boats (ie brown hulls and white sails) and then add a coloured horizontal line) If that is not clear enough in game play I'll then do the battering ram and if necessary the sails, but perhaps watered down

And for the cities, all the same, except for the surrounds which i will do in the team colour!

I'm off on holidy so will not get to it for a month so hopefully someone will beat me to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael parsons
msg tools
mb
As a painter I would recommend replacing the pieces as the soft plastic does not hold paint very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Having now seen the pieces, I wouldn't spend any time on trying to paint them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jellynut wrote:
Agreed. Having now seen the pieces, I wouldn't spend any time on trying to paint them.

That is sad to hear . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
jellynut wrote:

That is sad to hear . . .

In fairness, I should add that the pieces are perfectly adequate as game pieces. They do stand up, they are robust, they are a good size, they match the colour of the cards and are easy to tell apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jellynut wrote:

The triremes and cities are made of harder plastic so probably could be painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.