Subject: 'Germans Surrender' Soviet Support Marker Query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sheldon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools

How do the Germans 'eventually decide to voluntarily eliminate German Out of Supply Units' (OOS) for this marker? The text says that the marker is played by the Soviets and the removal then happens (if the qualification is met), so there is no time or phase for the Germans to decide to eliminate units instead (to salvage and get reinforcements).

I'm guessing that a distinction is being made between (a) Germans OOS units that are within 5 of the marker, AND more than 5 hexes from a friendly supplied unit (for which I think the Soviet makes the removal in his phase and the Germans get nothing), and (b) German OOS units within 5 hexes of the marker BUT 5 or fewer hexes from a friendly supplied unit (for which I think the Soviet player does nothing, but the German player may, 'eventually' in his phase, decide to eliminate for salvage). Is this reading correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German Surrender stays on the map until the next soviet supports phase (rule 5.2). Eventually could mean anytime up till then. I figure the German replacement and reinforcement phase because that's when withdrawals happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Cairol
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the English version of the supports now, but the French description seems pretty clear:

1) The Soviet player places this support on any hex of their choice
2) Then, within 5 hexes of the support:
2a) all OoS Rumanian units are eliminated and
2b) all OoS German and Hungarian units more than 5 hexes away from any friendly supplied unit are also eliminated
3) Then, optionally, (and at this point, not any later), the Axis player may also eliminate any OoS units within 5 hexes of any friendly supplied unit(*)
4) For every 2 steps of German units voluntarily eliminated during point 3 above, the Axis player may choose 1 non-elite German division with a reduced attack factor of 0 or 1 amongst those units on the eliminated units box.
5) These units will come as reinforcements, reduced side up, two turns later.

(*) The description doesn't say explicitly, but I assume that it still happens to OoS German units within the initial 5 hex radius from the support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.