Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that this subphase becomes too powerfull.
Two bad rolls and the player with the less points of victory can bit the dust for the rest of the game.
Those that have playtested think so? Or is not so important in the overall game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It certainly looks swingy, but it can go both ways.

I see it as a way to continually keep you on your toes. You can't relax when everything looks peachy and as a catch up mechanism if things have taken a wrong turn. robot

It may occasionally lead to some particular lopsided situations, but taken everything into account, with different players, all the cards (missions, characters, etc.), the many die rolls and such I think everything would tend to compensate given time.

Let's the playstesters speak!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general the rolls even out. During my most recent play test I rolled 10 (Lose a resource) two turns in roll. I was able to recover, but it definitely put a damper on my Town Health and my Prestige because when you lose a resource you lose the one prestige that goes with it. My action cards allowed me to mess with the other players enough that they were wasting time and action cards coming after me arrrh. From that perspective it just changed my playing style

I had TPK this gave me one of the best vehicles in the game with which my new crew went on to win the game. It was pretty epic.

In close games this phase has won me the game and it has ruined my chances.

In short:
You have to be pretty lucky or unlucky before it has lasting impact on the game. It does build a tiny grey zone around your town health and prestige.

Originally:
Before I joined the team this phase was more complex with a gambling element, but that had to be cut out during the simplification process. I haven't not play tested that stage of the project.

Currently:
I am playing testing a solo variant that uses this sub-phase to spawn NPCMs to hunt you and your resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see.

Wow sounds nice the solo mode!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.