$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 58.01

4,198 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26.5% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Jarett R.
msg tools
Are you able to get the reputation from Return of the Jedi because, at an earlier point in the game, you beat Vader/Palpatine in a battle?

I guess the focal question I have is: Can Objective cards be played if their criteria is fulfilled before you even have the card in your hand? My friend and I have always played the game this way. Cards like the one where you get one reputation point for destroying 3 health worth of ground units by initiating combat against the Empire? We would play it whenever we destroyed a total of 3 health's worth of ground units over turns as opposed to playing it when we do that much damage in a single encounter.

I don't know if we're playing it right lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh, no. Definitely not. You have to have the card in your hand and all requirements must be met in a single timing instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarett R.
msg tools
csouth154 wrote:
Oh, no. Definitely not. You have to have the card in your hand and all requirements must be met in a single timing instance.

Thank you! I don't own the game - my friend does. Do you know in the rulebooks where it says this specifically? We debated about it for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
afrocious wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

Thank you! I don't own the game - my friend does. Do you know in the rulebooks where it says this specifically? We debated about it for a while.

Honestly, it's such a standard rule in gaming that I'm not sure I could even direct you to the exact passage. Maybe someone else can...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
"Return of the Jedi" is a Combat objective card. On page 10 of the Rules Reference Guide, it says:

RRG Page 10 wrote:
If the card reads “Combat,” it can only be played as soon as the player fulfills the requirement on the card.

(Bold emphasis mine)

Thus, you can only play it as soon as you win the battle, since you play RotJ after you win a battle. If you don't play it at that moment, you can't play it later unless you meet the criteria again.

Otherwise, you could use the same logic for most of the "Combat" objectives. Destroy a SD in round 1, then in Round 5 play "Rebel Assault"? Not unless you destroy another SD in Round 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What he said ^^^

Also...

Objective Cards wrote:
The Rebel player may play an objective card from his hand
if he is fulfilling the card’s requirement at the specified time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.