Hide
8 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Guard movement questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Binswanger
msg tools
1) The guard's die is a 5. Halfway through their move, we need to reshuffle the guard's deck. They continue the rest of this turn as a 5, and it's not until *next* turn that they move as a 6, right?

2) What happens if you set an alarm on the tile the guard is on? Our guess: the guard gets +1 movement on their turn, turns off the alarm, and gets a new destination. Nevermind, I see that this is not possible.

3) There's an event card that sets the guard's next destination to the tile of the current player. (I can't remember the name). If this happens when an alarm is going, the guard ignores this and goes to the alarm, then draws a new destination card when all the alarms are turned off, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Anusien wrote:
1) The guard's die is a 5. Halfway through their move, we need to reshuffle the guard's deck. They continue the rest of this turn as a 5, and it's not until *next* turn that they move as a 6, right?

Right. The move amount at the start of the guard's move is what he has for that turn. Any changes take effect on the NEXT movement of that guard.

Quote:
3) There's an event card that sets the guard's next destination to the tile of the current player. (I can't remember the name). If this happens when an alarm is going, the guard ignores this and goes to the alarm, then draws a new destination card when all the alarms are turned off, right?

Right. Any time an alarm is set off, the destination is changed to the alarm tile and the guard moves faster until that alarm is shut off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anusien wrote:

2) What happens if you set an alarm on the tile the guard is on? Our guess: the guard gets +1 movement on their turn, turns off the alarm, and gets a new destination. Nevermind, I see that this is not possible.

1) Correct, as I understand it - a guard's movement doesn't increase in the middle of their movement, it increases the next turn. Under the Alarms section of the rulebook, it mentions that removing an alarm token doesn't change the guard's movement; it is set at the start of his movement. We figure that it would also apply to anything that would change the guard's movement (up or down).

3) The way we play it is to set the new destination to the tile the player is on, then reset it to the alarm tile once the guard reaches it. This event, for us, overrides the alarm going off until the guard arrives - thematically we think that the guard has heard us, and while there is an alarm going off, he's heard a noise that makes him think investigating that is more important than the alarm. We also keep the +1 movement because there's an alarm going off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
The way we play it is to set the new destination to the tile the player is on, then reset it to the alarm tile once the guard reaches it.

Correct. To be precise: To the closest alarm, because there could be multiple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:

3) The way we play it is to set the new destination to the tile the player is on, then reset it to the alarm tile once the guard reaches it. This event, for us, overrides the alarm going off until the guard arrives - thematically we think that the guard has heard us, and while there is an alarm going off, he's heard a noise that makes him think investigating that is more important than the alarm. We also keep the +1 movement because there's an alarm going off

That may be the way you play it, but IIRC, the rule is that the guard sets his destination to the alarm that just went off, if it goes off AFTER the event occurs. If the alarm is set off first, and THEN the event occurs, then I guess the guard would change destination from the alarm to the current player's tile. Only one guard, and while he MIGHT have heard a noise you made, there was DEFINITELY an alarm set off.

Of course, as with any game, house-ruling this is fine...but if the OP is asking what the rule is, we should clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Binswanger
msg tools
Yeah, I'm asking what happens if an alarm is going off already and *then* that event happens.

It's not clear to me from these posts what the answer is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guard is heading for alarm A.
Event happens, now guard is heading for alarm token at player B.
Once reaching alarm B, guard will resume heading toward alarm A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Guard is heading for alarm A.
Event happens, now guard is heading for alarm token at player B.
Once reaching alarm B, guard will resume heading toward alarm A.

I agree with this. I was not clear on the sequence you were asking about - sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.