Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome to the 557th (or so) play by forum game. Has it really been 80+ PBFs since I've last modded? Crazy! Based on waiting list preferences, this will be a 6-player All Expansions (No CFB, Conflicted Loyalties) journey to Earth.

All this was made possible by ColtsFan76 and he has my undying thanks for that. I will also be using the Open Office spreadsheet and GIMP files created by Orphius and completely revamped by jasperhawk and Mawkee. I think they are amazing.

For info on PBF see - Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF

Standard Things to remember/know:

d10-1All players must have their own copies of the game and all expansions (this is an FFG requirement).

d10-2Follow PBF conventions. Bold your actions! I will not process anything until bolded. Use italics for in-character talk, and use images for flavor and fun. Find lots of them here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/1834905#item1834905.

d10-3Use the image banners so we know who you are. If you're on a mobile device and don't want to look up your bannerID, please put your character name at the top of your post.

d10-4Don't communicate with other players outside the thread. Any private communication should be between me and particular players. If you have a question that you don’t want to ask publicly, ask me, that's what I'm here for!

d10-5Subscribe to the thread! I expect that you will be able to check in twice a day, at least 6-8 hours apart. If 24 hours have elapsed and you haven't taken action your turn will be skipped. Repeat offenders may be replaced.

d10-6Use Conditional Orders (COs) and the game will run smoothly. The game is much more enjoyable when it’s moving along and not getting stalled for days. Don't worry - if I have questions about your COs I will ask you privately, I'm not interested in trying to play "gotcha" by executing a CO that clearly didn't account for something.

d10-7I like to make my board images after the current player has received their cards, so everyone knows how many cards are out there. So if you have a variable draw, please send in your COs for those as soon as you can.

d10-8Respect secrecy rules. Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:

* Providing a public CO (bolding when it is not your turn to act)
* Saying "medium" if you've played one card
* Saying that you are not helping the check when playing cards
* Talking about scouted cards (top or buried) beyond "good" or "bad"
* Identifying which cards/colours you played into a skillcheck
* Volunteering the contents of your hand if it's not directly relevant to the current discussion

d10-9Don't quote anything from more than two pages back in the thread. Say what you think happened in your own words.

d10-0 We will be following the Official FAQ and Unofficial FAQ (http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_FAQ), but we will be ignoring the ruling regarding the Admiral having to disclose whether the she chose the top destination. When a player chooses from the top two cards of a deck it is secret which card was chosen.

I am a HuMod (  Battlestar Galactica - Not a Cylon ) and make mistakes or miss things, so please tell me if you think anything is wrong! It probably is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I find this gets glossed over too much if it's in the opening post, so I am moving it to a separate post

I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Please send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.

* Pass on Declare Emergency and Change of Plans

* Pass on Strategic Planning for shots against raiders, scouts if there's more than one raptor remaining and shots by cylon ships

* Pass on most Character Abilities - I'll work this out in private with individual players after character selection

* Pass on Evasive Maneuvers for unmanned vipers/assault raptors that aren't protecting a civilian ship, unless the viper/raptor would be destroyed

* Pass on anything that would be a clear soft-reveal (e.g., Evasive Maneuvers to re-roll a shot that missed)

* Unmanned Assault Raptors will be left in space when the fleet jumps

* Revealed Cylons will draw Treachery and Piloting. If on the Resurrection Ship, they will draw Treachery.

* If a player must discard and they have non-zero Treachery in hand they will discard the Treachery.

* If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.

* If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is soonest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Invites are from the Waiting List on the Wiki: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BSG_PBF

kandiru - Declined
ChannelDelibird -
pseudotheist - In!
IriDiuM84 - In!
larabair - Declined
oldpear - In!
bender418 -
boltana - Declined
mdumee - Declined

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I don't have any expansions, just the base game. So I think an all expansions game might be a little challenging without the game materials to hand, so I'll decline.

I hope you guys have an interesting journey to Earth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, but would be fine if we wanted to drop the CFB as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
I'm in, but would be fine if we wanted to drop the CFB as well...

Heh, that's always a point of contention! I'll do what I always do and throw up a poll, please vote if you're a confirmed player.

Poll
CFB or no? If no, I won't be adjusting the Attack Cards ratio in any way.
Yes
No
      6 answers
Poll created by Caimion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lara bair
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to but between finishing up our infinity game and modding I don't have the bandwidth. Maybe next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still playing in 537, though we're post sleeper and I'm a revealed cylon without too much to do. So I wouldn't mind taking on a second game if that's kosher. Otherwise, I'm fine to step aside for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldpear wrote:
I'm still playing in 537, though we're post sleeper and I'm a revealed cylon without too much to do. So I wouldn't mind taking on a second game if that's kosher. Otherwise, I'm fine to step aside for now.

That's fine, we reached you on the wait list so all's kosher. Welcome aboard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenton
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! First PbF game, go gentle on me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If nobody feels too strongly about playing a cylon leader, I'd love to play with the mutineer. I've never gotten a chance to play with it because a cylon leader is understandably an attractive option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IriDiuM84 wrote:
I'm in! First PbF game, go gentle on me

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions, no matter how silly they seem, I'm always a GM away. Advantage of a neutral third party

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew du Mee
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm going to pass this time. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sending out some more invitations, and I'll go to first come first served as it's been a while since the initial ones. Hoping to get this going this weekend!

Additional invites to:

Likeless
Darth Binkly
ed_hennessy
Furunkel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Skinner
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am posting in the thread to accept. oldpear is my revealed cylon buddy in that other game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in if you haven't already filled all vacancies from the reserve!

I'd also kind of enjoy not having a CFB for a change. I'll vote once I know I'm confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likeless wrote:
I am posting in the thread to accept. oldpear is my revealed cylon buddy in that other game

We've got our cylons. Just need a few more humans now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome aboard, you two! Just waiting for one more to accept. In the meantime feel free to vote in the CFB poll if you're part of the crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Skinner
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimion wrote:
* If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is soonest.

Will this go off whenever there are multiple interrupts and a CO has not been sent? Could a player use this to sabotage a check (if no CO had been left) by sending in a low numbered interrupt last so they get resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are still looking for someone, I'd be happy to join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likeless wrote:
Caimion wrote:

Will this go off whenever there are multiple interrupts and a CO has not been sent? Could a player use this to sabotage a check (if no CO had been left) by sending in a low numbered interrupt last so they get resolved?

If I have positive COs (I wish to play X), those will override that rule. If all I have are negative COs (I only wish to play X if nobody else does) that rule will apply. I need some sort of way to resolve things because I often end up with multiple people asking to only play their interrupt as a last resort; that works at the table, when you can judge everyone else's body language and how long the awkward silence goes on, but it doesn't really work in PBF.

If nobody has sent any COs then everyone will pass, since the first assumed CO is pass on Declare Emergency & Change of Plans.

I think this ruleset allows people to conveniently 'forget' to CO things but that's the only way I see to sabotage. I view that as an entirely appropriate way for cylons to act, intentional forgetfulness is one of my personal favourite tactics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ed_hennessy wrote:
If you are still looking for someone, I'd be happy to join.

Welcome! We have our crew. Everyone please vote on the CFB question, we don't have a majority yet. If we're split 3-3 we'll play with CFB since that's what I initially set the game as.

If anyone wants to wait for the CFB question to be resolved before picking a character, feel free, but I'll roll for turn order at this point. Highest first.

pseudotheist - 1d1000 = (96) = 96
IriDiuM84 - 1d1000 = (950) = 950
oldpear - 1d1000 = (315) = 315
Likeless - 1d1000 = (788) = 788
Darth Binkly - 1d1000 = (238) = 238
ed_hennessy - 1d1000 = (189) = 189

d10-1 IriDiuM84
d10-2 Likeless
d10-3 oldpear
d10-4 Darth Binkly
d10-5 ed_hennessy
d10-6 pseudotheist

IriDiuM84, you're free to choose any character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 932501. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (96) =
  • Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 932502. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (950) =
  • Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 932503. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (315) =
  • Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:10 pm
  • [+]
  • 932504. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (788) =
  • [+]
  • 932505. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (238) =
  • [+]
  • 932506. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (189) =
Brenton
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright then, I'll go with someone I've never played. Let's take Tory Foster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Skinner
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Military Tom Zarek for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No CFB it is!

oldpear can select a pilot, support, or cylon leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [44] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.